Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Purchased from: Rolands Music Exchange

All I have to say, is that this guitar is best seen and not heard, the pickups are noisy when turned up load, you can get feedback from about 10 meters away from the amp. Best off in a music video, with the guitar parts dubbed over by a real Les Paul. I was plugged into a Marshall 50 watt amp, which gave me hell of a lot of feedback.

Overall Impression- not good, thick seriously before buying, take a good hour in the shop playing it to make sure it fits your needs, It's the kind of guitar that you open your case and everyone goes, "oh-ah" and then cringe as you begin to play it, it's not the best guitar on the market, but it is nice to sit there in college and just strum along as people walk past, seeing then nice guitar but being too noisy to hear it.

Not the most reliable thing to keep in tune, if your playing a gig then use a really light guage string to put less pressure on the tunning pegs. Your best off with a hardcase as the softcases can wreck the tuning. The tuning pegs could have been beter set up. I would say that this hardware would probably last while. Put best not gigged, you will need to look afer it and it should then last forever.

Not sure how well it was set up. I think the only repair I've had on it was when a washer fell out of the jack plug. I screwed it back on though. I can't realy falt anything else, all the other faults are in the other sections. The pick ups themselves are good for what I needthem for, jamming. They have never risen and I have never needed to ajust them.

Upon first site, this guitar was the shit. I got the one with the flames on it. It has 21 frets and the les paul style cut away for soloing, The fret board really pisses me off, The back off it is painted so if your playing a gig and you start sweating. That bitch is gonna stick. I'm not entirley sure what wood it's made out of but it dents very easily. I don't belive it has a bolt through the neck, to stop warping, I recently put 'Zakk Wylde Boomer Customs' on it and had to take them back off. It went out of tune incredibly easily.

ronan-the-great
    dont put those pickups in waste of money on a piece of shit guitar like this. those pickups cost more than the actual guitar