Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Sounds very nice clean, very full and rich. Goes very well with valvotronix amps which I use. Sounds great with flanger, reverb, comp, delay, tremolo, phaser, and wah. Sounds OK overdriven or distorted. Not too great for metal, but by adjusting controls and effects it will work. Decent variety of sounds, but it will take a little while to figure out how to get them.

Good match for rhythm and Satch and Vai stuff OK for heavy shred.Great guitar for the cost. I would buy another in the future if something happened. Great guitar to have for jams and mellow music. The best thing on it is the finish. Feels great. Only things I don't like are the strap buttons and how it is a little loose from the factory. I would also rather it have soap bar pickups than open coils, but the stock pickups are fine. This guitar is well rounded, and is basically a real Les Paul, only a little lighter. This guitar lives up to it's name.

Pretty reliable. It always sounds consistent, and stays in tune OK. The tuners slip once in a while though, and the strap buttons don't come properly installed. The finish will definitely last. Very thick and nice to look at.I would have a backup on hand with this one, though.

Well set up from the factory, though some things like the jack and humbuckers needed to be tightened a little so they weren't loose. Thick finish that holds up great, and you won't notice if it gets any dings or smudges unless looked at closely. Keep it clean and it will stay near mint. All in all it was nicely set up, and needed little work. The strap buttons were not properly set and fell out though. Check them and glue them in.

This guitar is a solid body electric guitar with 22 frets. It has a rosewood finger board and has several choices of finishes, such as ebony, white, sunburst; ect. It is in 24-3/4 scale and the body is Lam Alder or Maple, while the neck is Mahogany. It has two open coil humbucking pickups that you can switch between with a Standard 3-way switch, and one tone and one volume control. All in all it is very well set up, and I like it more than a real Les Paul because it is much lighter. It's Switch is near the controls so that is also easily reached. I would rather it have more controls though.You can also buy it in a set with an amp and gig bag and such. Standard Les Paul bridge and tail piece.

WickedBeast666
    I'm surprised my Review made it on here. Alot of people in the comments don't seem to like the guitar, and I can see where they are comeing from. With that said though, Can you see where this guitar would be great for a beginner who can't afford the gear that you can?
    blackdeath1523
    The rythm guitarist for my band stupidly got this guitar when he could have got like a low end ibanez for the price. I personally dont like it. It's got nothing on my dxmg. The bridge doesn't move AT ALL and the tuners felt extremly cheap. I tried to tune it and I could turn it and it wouldn't change. I guess it would be good for a beginner unless you pimp it out with some better tuners and duncans or something.
    fredzeskater
    I got this guitar off my m8 4 125, so ya. It is an awesome guitar i havent played it recently tho coz my B string snapped, and i replaced it with a lower gauge, so its thinner than the E string LOL
    envoykrawkwar7
    War-Ensemble wrote: ixion wrote: nmot being harsh... but its a 200$ guitar... have you ever played a real PRS? tell me this: play for 5/10 years. Get actually good.. then play a PRS then play that.. then tell me if its the best guiitar ever.. liek wtf.. how can it get 10 for everything on reviews.. played one myself.. nothing special.. pick ups have low sustain and go muddey.. true ,true but it is possible to get a really good tone out of a special 2
    i agree you just have to get really used to the specifications ive played quite a few prs`s myself and didnt like them as much tone wise but that might just have been the amps i used