Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Purchased from: musicians freind

I play lots of classic rock and older metal, such as Metallica. It fits these styles plus most other styles, it's very versitile. I run it through a Marshall MG15DFX (which I can't understand why it has such a bad reputation, it sounds great) with a Morley Bad Horsie 2 wah. I've also run it through a very expinsive Marshall tube, Orange Crush Series, and a Fender studio. It had a decent sound, but it could be better. Sound can be full, thin, thick, or just about anything else. A little noisy, but very good for the price.

This is perfect for my rock style. It is great for a begginer because it is cheap and good quality. I just wish it looked more like the Gibson. If it were stolen I would probley upgrade to an epi LP Standard, or at least a Les Paul 100, which is just a little more $$$. If I could do it over again, I would save a little longer and get the 100. But if you don't have a constant source of income, the special 2 is perfect.

You could've put this guitar on the Titanic when she sank, brought it back up, thrown it in the Grand Canyon, and gigged with it that night. This is one area it gets a 10. It's fallen off stands onto hardwood floors and the finish didn't even scratch (but the floor did) I would use this without a backup for sure.

Finish is beautiful, better in person than any picture. Pickup selector Switch is around knobs which drasticly cheapens the look. Action is just right, was set up perfectly from the box. Body is basswood, but doesn't cheapen sound. No flaws. I was very pleased, just a simple tuning and I was ready to rock. Tuners, however, could be better they come out of tune often, but not overwhelmingly bad.

My Les Paul was made in China in 2007. I bought it wanting a cheap instument for my first electic after playing bass since summer 06. It has 2 Epi open coil 'buckers, and only 1 volume and 1 tone knob and a 3-way pickup selector that isn't in the normal LP position. It has a fixed Tune-o-Matic bridge. No pickguard. No gig bag or anything, just a cable.

|\puto_rodas/|
    by the way... check out the SPECIAL II review, on the search box... kinda funny aint it? xD who cares...
    |\puto_rodas/|
    WHAT?! "I went for an entire year (moderate usage) without changing the strings, and none of them broke." that guy is crazy!!! U must have played a lot of times han... or else you'd see a lot o strings broke. not sayin I play smoothly, but an entire year with this guitar must be a lot of luck. guess thats really all xD
    MarcoGE
    I've had it for about two months now and I broke my strings two times... But I don't play really smoothly, even if I don't play trully violently. I think it's a good guitar for its price. If you have a good amp it can sound really good.
    |\puto_rodas/|
    have it for an year, for the price, not bad at all. but U get to a certain level that U got to get another thing... a thing that U can really play like crazy! Althought, Ive seen beginners guitars, and few can reach this relation of price / quality, the pickups are pretty much reasonable for the price. I think that's all... well, all in all, I want to get a ****in dxmg, or a dk2m dinky...by Jackson of "xore..." Metal it Dudes!