Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Purchased from: Daddy's Music

It defiantly suits my style. I play modern hard rock, blues, and jazz. It can handle it all. I first started off with a cheap amp by Epi for it, then I bought a cheap Fender frontman amp for it with an effects processor and let me tell you, it sounded pretty good. I just bought a high end Fender Blues Jr. Blackface tube amp, and both my guitars sound amazing through it. And yes, this guitar is noisy unless you have a N.C. which takes away from overall tone sometimes, but my Strat doesn't have that problem because I put in Noiseless Pickups. Come on Gibson and PRS make some noiseless pickups please! This guitar sounds like an Epiphone the bite is not as powerful as American wound Pickups, but it's good for a starter. I've played Gibson's and If you want that sound then purchase Gibson Pickups for your Epiphone it will save you an arm and a leg.

Basically I really didn't want this guitar I wanted the more expensive versions, but hey if your just a starter, then it's good enough. It makes a nice Christmas gift for the surprise to the beginner player. Overall I was happy with it and it got me through. What a nice guitar. Thanks Epiphone!

I wouldn't play this guitar Live, just because of the 3-way switch. It is nothing but a bad, loose connection in their! It makes that horrible scrambled noise when you touch it. My Fender switch doesn't have that problem. "Come on Epiphone" make better electric parts. If the switch would stay yes you could play Live. My friend has an Epiphone STD LP. And he has that same problem with his switch. If the switch worked better I'd give this a 10. My friend has had his Epi for 4 years now and it is starting to crack around where the neck meets the body, that's why I'm considering buying a different brand, next time. Other than that Sturdy guitar. this has a bolt-on neck so no worries. It's stood up to a whole 6 years of use and I don't even have a case for it hahaha.

Very well set up, better than my Fender when I got it. I had to set up my Strat all on my own. This guitar has lower action though than my Strat. No buzzing at all, but even if their was just go online and look up at Gibson on how to set up your Stop-tail piece. Everything was mint out of the box!

This guitar I purchased about 6 years ago, and I still have it. It was set up in a Gibson factory in 2001 of August, It is now 2007 of Nov as I write this!. This was my first electric guitar. It has everything you need to get started in rock. It supply's you with the bare basics at a cheap cost. Two made in Korea Humbuckers, a bolt-on 21fret neck"which is a good thing", two nobs one for vol. the other for tone, and a three-way Switch that I am not to crazy about. This is a std sized guitar. it's not like the std LP's the whole body is flat, it's not figured, remember this is a starters guitar!, The guitar is set up by Gibson though. I guess they ship the parts from Korea then Gibson sets it up. idk, but it's lasted and it got me through. I switched to a Mex Fender Strat 3 years later and that guitar is amazing as far as quality. My next guitar will either be a PRS SE, or Epiphone LP Custom.

ripjoestrummer
    I was gonna ge this guitar, but I got a telecaster custom instead. And I'm very happy with it. this guitar is a piece of shit.
    eggy1991
    what drives me CRAZY about this site, you all slate a 109/$200 guitar and try to compare it to a Gibson, Ibanez, Fender whatever! it is cheap, it is for beginners/just to play around on, not meant to be top of the range! My friend has this, and i personally love the sound! quit comparing low end equpiment to top of the range stock!