Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Purchased from: Ad Lib Music

I play a Variety of Music from metal to blues but my main style is classic rock, like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and stuff similar to that. This guitar is very good for blues and rock and works Ok for metal also. I have a Roland Micro Cube and the two work well together. The Humbuckers cancel out nearly all noise except for when you crank up the volume. it's a great sounding classic Guitar

My main reason for choosing this Guitar over the Squier Strat (which was the same price range) was the much better pickups on this guitar. The Pickups are the best feature on it, they rock! Overall, it was a cheap buy and a decent guitar. The only problem I have is the hardware. I probably was just unlucky to get this particular one. Nice Sound, Good Overall Guitar. If it was stolen I'd probably Get A Proper Les Paul because I'm now a more experienced player.

The Finish is pretty good. The strap buttons are on the small side though. I wouldn't gig without a backup because of the badly fitted hardware. it's a good practice guitar but not for gigging. It would work Ok if there was no other option though. It should last a Good Few Years if it's properly maintained and taken care of.

This was where I have Problems with this Guitar. The Nut is to deep on the two lowest strings (E and A). This causes an annoying buzz with even a light strum. I also noticed 2 small white lines (possibly cracks) in the wood underneath the lacquer. One of the tuning pegs is also kinda loose, which knocks it outta tune quite often. The plastic volume knob also came off in my hand while I was using it.

This Guitar is My first one and it's features include: 2 Double Coil Epiphone Humbuckers - Tune O Matic Bridge - 22 Jumbo Frets - 3 way Pickup Selector - Volume Adjuster - Tone Adjuster - Chrome Tuning Pegs and Hardware - Dot Inlays In Frets - "Vintage Sunburst" Body Color.

RAGman22ReborN
    I got this guitar 2 years ago and despite the price I've done so much with this. From some Hard Rock, blues, salsa, Funk and even Jazz, this baby gets it done. I got pinch harmonics no problem with it by just adjusting the toggle to the bridge pickup as usual. With some pledge furnisher, I somehow even enhanced the power of the neck's wood and thus a change in tone.
    DonJulio
    i got one too. love it, and its great for its price. i checked out the cheaper PRS (SE and stuff) and i have to say that they felt much cheaper and sounded worse than the epi...
    pimpinazndude
    i bought this guitar from a friend for $90 kinda heavy though. i'd recommend this guitar for beginners
    |\puto_rodas/|
    started playin 5 years ago and i have it for like 2 years, and, im not getting rid of this! im putting some dimarzio on it when i buy some gear with fr, (to have a fr guitar and a tune o matic guitar cuz of the low tunings and stuff) and then ill put larger strings! i have it studied, this goin to be my "low tune" guitar!!! rock on|m| btw, im buyin a schecter demon 6 FR! (I guess =D )