Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

I'm a huge blues and classic rock nut, and this Epi suits perfect to these styles. I usually set the rythm humbucker with he tone control on "0" to get close to an Eric Clapton's "woman tone", perfect for any distortion blues songs. It also offers a very nice smooth acoustic sound to play styles such as folk, bossa nova, blues, rock, etc. Although I've got a basic amp, the sound is pretty good, and I've played in on huge amps and auditorium speakers, so the sound is quiet perfect. In general, this guitar offers sounds for any kind of rock, soft acoustic and other nice styles.

Well, for the blues and classic rock (and any kind of rock) this guitar suits great! I've been playing it for half a year, and I can feel a good difference: I used to play a basic Washburn. I love the sound it gives to my styles, and the color (cherry heritage sunburst). I hate how underrated this guitar is, and I wish it had a tremolo bar system. The Epiphone Les Paul Special is a good choice for an easy play, nice price and great sound, so it's kind of a perfect guitar for beginers to intermediate players.

The Les Paul Special II is great for Live playing, and it look great too! The hardware and all the settings are well done, so I'm sure they last a long time. Is a very reliable gear, you can depend on it (but it's good to have always a backup).

The factory made a great set-up for this guitar, nice action, well adjusted humbuckers, well bookmatched tops and routed bridge, it fits well, with no flaws in my case. Good finish. Although it has not the quality standards of a Gibson Les Paul, it's a good made one.

If you are looking for a guitar with a pretty sound and a "friendly" price, the Epiphone Les Paul Special II is the best option. It was made in Indonesia, under Gibson license, and it's a good choice for a classic Les Paul sound with an amazing price! It has a mahogany neck, with a 22-frets rosewood fretboard, a Standard Epiphone head, single cutaway design, a volume control and a tone control, a rhythm-treble 3-way selector switch, two open coil humbuckers, chrome hardware, without a tremolo bar system, available in black, ebony, white, heritage cherry sunburst, vintage sunburst and wine red colors. It included a cable.

|\puto_rodas/|
    RomCs wrote: guys, I've bought such a guitar,and it sounded great on Line6 spider III(30watt) with 11strings. but when i've changed strings to 9, the sound became very fuzzy with distortion, even with small overdrive it sounds very fuzzy, unclean. but the clean tone sounds good. what's the problem?
    The spider III, i know its a bad new, but the spiders are just like that... at least what it goes to sound... but maybe its just me, Cmon youll know how to fix it... rock on |m|
    Gr33n
    Hey which guitar is better this 1 (special 2) or the LP 100?? The special is cheaper so it probly wont be as good. Can sum1 help plz
    GuitarOfGlasgow
    Well, I've been playing one of these for almost a year now, and I have to say I was pretty impressed with it. For the price, I felt I got a decent enough quality guitar, and the tone I was able to get on it through my amp (with a bit of playing about) was pretty good. However, I would agree with a few people here and say that for a beginner, this guitar is actually really good, but as you progress, a different model would be more suitable, as I find that despite the tone being fairly good, the range of different sounds availible that dont sound nasty from it is surprisingly limited. I would give it a 7.2 out of 10, and point out that, for beginners, its excellent, otherwise, might be wise to avoid this model.
    SupermanIsDead
    eggy1991 wrote: what drives me CRAZY about this site, you all slate a 109/$200 guitar and try to compare it to a Gibson, Ibanez, Fender whatever! it is cheap, it is for beginners/just to play around on, not meant to be top of the range! My friend has this, and i personally love the sound! quit comparing low end equpiment to top of the range stock!
    hey man, people can freely compare anything to anything. what are you trying to do? making divisions? f**k you. you make people sick.
    ray10010
    mrmen wrote: I have one that I got for Christmas 06. Before that I had a Squier strat. The first thing i noticed was how much easier it was to play, it's a lot lighter, smaller and sounds lovely with the humbuckers. I would reccomend as a starter guitar over the Squier, although build quality may not be quitae as good.
    WTF a les paul lighter than a strat?
    ilovebamboo
    My dad bought me this guitar for my birthday!! I upgraded from a crappy budget guitar and the differences are amazing. Obviously you cant expect everything the real deal has to offer but this guitar is great. i've played a couple gigs with this guitar and i didn't have to tune it once. It has a great feel and is nice and light!! i recommend this guitar to anyone who is looking for an awesome instrument with a little budget!