Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Beautiful. Just like a Les Paul should sound on any record that a guitarist plays on with it. Very warm and bright. I'm currently using it on an Ibanez 30w and it goes together just perfect. I play with every thing full blast, high gain, treble and mid. Again it's doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a Les Paul Standard.

I play punk rock. This guitar gives me the sound I'm looking for and the ability to play fast with excellent palm muting tone. I'm definitely buying one in every color that Epiphone makes of the Les Paul Special II. I'll make some minor adjustment to some of them, such as replacing the machine heads and adding some EMG 85's and 81's to them just to have a diverse sound. I am perfectly satisfied with it and it has everything I need to play my music!

I would definitley play Live with this guitar. I have plenty of back ups to use and would Switch this out every other song or use it exclusivley. Very solid and well built guitar. But I'm willing to be that if it took a hard drop it probably would need some serious repairs. But that's why I use Strap Locks!

I'm not really a guitar virtuoso per se. All I know is that this guitar was ready to go out of the box. No fret buzz, or any other adjustments needed. The finish was flawless, of course now it's not because I put a beatdown on every guitar I have. The strings that come with it are garbage though. I use Elixir Super Lights anyway, and they compliment the pick ups very well.

Well, I ordered this because I've never played on a Les Paul. So I decided to get the cheapest one that was out there. And I could say this is one of the best axes I ever bought.I got the white one just to add to the diverse color selection of my guitars. it's the basic package with no frills added to it. Chrome hard ware, 3 way toggle Switch, double coil pickups for bridge and neck, control knobs for volume and tone. The machine heads could be of better quality, but I'm not complaining. The fretboard is smooth front and back and very fast to play on.

Arcenicum
    mrmen wrote: I have one that I got for Christmas 06. Before that I had a Squier strat. The first thing i noticed was how much easier it was to play, it's a lot lighter, smaller and sounds lovely with the humbuckers. I would reccomend as a starter guitar over the Squier, although build quality may not be quitae as good.
    I'm kind of in the same position as you are, I now have a squier strat and I consider to but this one too. I only dont't know how else this guitar will sound from my squier, if it's quite the same, it would not be worth to buy it. So my question is: how does the tone of this lp differ from my strat?
    TaylorsEpiphone
    I have an epiphone les paul special II, its amazing-period. no complaints. The only thing that i am wondering is if you can install a whammy bar on it (no special things added to the guitar- just the guitar as it comes stock and the whammy bar). if somebody could respond to this soon i would appreciate it very much!
    katekk
    Hi, It is a nice site I would like to visit again here. Keep up the good work. ===== kate MLS
    jshortty1
    carmax wrote: Hi all! I'd like to play guitar (I've already learned the very basic things but I haven't bought any guitar yet) and as I read here, this guitar seems to be great and really cheap but do you advise me this guitar (especially to play punk rock) or do you advise me another one?
    Well i would advise getting an acoustic guitar because if you learn the one thats harder to play then the easiest will come so easy and it will also give you some time to save up more cuz if your lucky you could find a nice acoustic guitar at a pawn shap for like $150
    Xguitar13
    I tried this at my local music store today, played it through a fender vintage modified amp, it was amasing. I rate this guitar 5/5 stars. Sounds great for Green Day covers.