Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Purchased from: Guitar Center in Modesto, CA

I play Rock, Classic Rock, Metal, Funk, Blues, Jazz, and anything else in that area. This guitar suits it perfectly for it's shape, color, and amazing sound. I'm using an Electra practice amp and a Line 6 Pocket POD. It's only noisy when you want it to be. It is extremely easy to do what you want to do with it. No matter what style of music or sound it is, this guitar adapts to you.

I play Rock, Classic Rock, Metal, Funk, Blues, Jazz, and anything else in that area. A great matching guitar. I had not a doubt in my mind if I wanted this Les Paul or not. I knew I wanted this exact model. If this guitar was stolen, I'd probably not get one fore some time, since I don't have much money... but overall this is a great guitar that properly suits any kind of music, has great durability, and a great finish for such a low price.

This guitar could easily withstand Live playing, built-to-last hardware, solid strap buttons, and a long-lasting finish. You wouldn't have to worry about many problems with it. It's very dependable, reliable, and durable on the road or just in the studio. It should last long, even with a constant use.

The action is second-to-none. Perfect pitch, perfect height. The pickups could be better, though. One of them was a little tilted, but no biggy. Both the bridge and the top were perfect, and when I got the guitar it had no problems, but when I got my first one, it had a manufacturing problem that consisted of a loose G-string peg, a loose neck, raspy frets, and the nut that holds up the amp jack input was there, just under the base plate...

Made in Indonesia, this 24-fretted Rosewood-neck guitar has a solid top. It's a deep black color, with a Les Paul body style and a Standard bridge style. This guitar features 3 controls: Tone, Volume, and a 3-way selector. It comes with two humbucker pickups.

warrenguitar
    Great guitar! Both my friends have this guitar, you can buy some wicked scratch plates for it. Pickups work really well.
    MommasHooligan
    carmax wrote: Hi all! I'd like to play guitar (I've already learned the very basic things but I haven't bought any guitar yet) and as I read here, this guitar seems to be great and really cheap but do you advise me this guitar (especially to play punk rock) or do you advise me another one?
    This is an awesome punk guitar. Its a little heavy, but thats good because I really put a beating on mine. For the price and brand you can't go wrong. Its a totally solid guitar. If you're gonna play punk, skip the acoustics some have suggested to you and stick with electric. You can learn either way, but go with what you want to play.
    MommasHooligan
    CryingAlone wrote: GenocideMetalhe wrote: i have a question about this guitar: could you get any pinch harmonics with the stock pickups? I can with the bridge humbucker, its all technique
    I get great pinch harmonics with this guitar. Especially with D'Addarios. You can get pinch harmonics with just about any guitar. I agree that its all technique. Took me months to learn it effectively.
    wbjackson517
    After reading the reviews, I am definitely swayed to buy this guitar, besides I am just a beginner and left handed. what better guitar to start out on