Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Mostly I play metal and rock and so far this guitar has performed very well. I have it tuned for E flat with.11s. I use a DigiTech RP90 and a Marshall MG30DFX. Not noisy as I remember. Great distortion with this and putting it directly through to the amp gives a great dark clean sound.

I've played for almost a year now and it's good. If the guitar were stolen, I might upgrade to another Epiphone but I would have no problems buying this again. the only thing I would complain about is the finish, it's sunburst but it doesn't really look good. Good enough for a beginner but tuners need replacing and strap locks are a good idea because of the guitars weight.

8 months and I haven't had a problem with it. Hardware is good but I had trouble keeping the strap on. Get a set of strap locks and it's all good. The input jack does need tightening once in awhile but it's not much of a problem if you do. If you don't it gets loose and there's a lot of noise I would definitely use without a backup. It's lasted wonderfully.

I haven't had need to adjust pickups or action or anything like that, but as I have already stated the tuners were crap. Finish is ok but not the best looking in the world. Frets I have had no problems with. Honestly I'm no expert on guitars but the bridge and everything else seems ok. The action was good when I got it but that might be because it was pre-owned.

22 Jumbo scale frets. The tuners on mine were no name crappy tuners. I got a set of Grover tuners and it stays in tune all the time now. Tune-o-matic bridge, no problems with that so far and I've had it for around 8 months. Passive humbuckers, good but might replace when I get some cash for EMGs or some such thing. 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 3 way selector. I got a 15 watt amp and gig bag because the guy basically sold me the Starter Kit.