Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Price paid: € 215

Purchased from: Muzikas centrs

This axe can play almost anything you can imagine, really a versatile instrument for the price. I play different kinds of music:blues/jazz/rock/metal/rnb/prog...it can deliver just about anything you want with the right amp configuration and your fingers. right now I am using a Vox AD15VT xl series amp and it sounds very well with the guitar if you tweak a little bit the amp and maybe use some pedals like Boss blues driver for blueasy sound or metal zone for some more distortion or anything else, you just have to experiment. Sometimes the guitar gets a little noisy but it is okay, you just have to pay morwe attention to your noise dampening technique. The sustain also could be a little better but it is okay, you can get great bends with it.

As I play different kinds of music then the Epiphone Les Paul Special II which is right now priced very cheaply, is a great choice for me because it can deliver anyone a wide range of versality and that is I think the greatest thing about this guitar. There really isn't much to ask someone, I would say, that go and buy this guitar because it is very affordable and a great instrument for beginners to start off.

My Les Paul Special II is going to last if not a lifetime then a decade for sure. All solid and very playable even Live if you wish but then it is the compromiss which you certainly need to consider if you are ready to show up on stage with such a cheap guitar. The hardware is great overall and also very solid. I would definitely depend on it because I haven't had any situations when this guitar fails so I am certain this guitar is pretty reliable.

The guitar was set up okay, as it should be, no mistakes. The action is maybe too high but you can get better bends that way, so it is all about the compromise what you want it to sound like. The pickups were also flawless and so was the bridge. Actually there were no major mistakes but the frets could be more precisely made. All I can say that for this price you cannot get anything much better right away from a shop. Only the one tuning peg was a little worse made than the others.

First of all I would like to say that this guitar rocks! For the price you really cannot go wrong with this buy if that is your first guitar like mine. Mine was made in an unknown year in China, but that I think doesn't matter in this case. It has 22 frets, neck -bolt, mahogany, very playable (not too thick or thin) scale 24.75", body is made from basswood, the Vintage sunburst could look better but that is what you get at this value. The tune-o-matic bridge/ stopbar tailpiece gives you great ease to change strings. Alnico V Humbuckers, a volume knob, treble/rhythm /both Switch and a treble knob, all Standard. The tuners aren't the greatest because the tuner on my D string produces an unwanted noise so I had actually to wrap around the tuner some isolation.

GibsonGuy401
    i've been playing for little over a year now. and i got this guitar and a package for 500$ (came with a kickass amp although small it's really good it's a Kustom dart 10) anyways this was a good introduction for me into the gibson world, i'm in love with this guitar yeah the finsh is sorta messed up on and yes i do get that buzzing sound but it's alright because when i plug this thing in i'm utterly in love i gave it a 8 but i meant to give it a 9/10 doesn't matter if your serious about guitar or not low on cash well buy this guitar your gonna love it