Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Purchased from: Hartnolls

I mostly play alternative e.g Razorlight and some rock. It works and sound very well when used with my ten watt practice amp and Hohnor amp. There is virtually no buzzing and there is a massive range of sounds to choose from considering that it just has a three way pick- up selector and one volume and tone controls. The sounds vary from heavy rock to light distortion which is brilliant for playing 'Use somebody' by 'Kings Of Leon'.

Overall the guitar is brilliant for one hundred and thirty pounds. The finish, sound, quality and reliability is good and I would definitely recommend this guitar to anyone wanting a cheap and good quality guitar. It is a brilliant guitar for The Music I play and I like the simplicity of the controls. The only main thing I don't like about it is the finger print marks which show up very easily on the gloss effect. But overall it is a brilliant guitar and I am definitely going to buy another Epiphone guitar maybe a Dot.

I've just had this guitar a week but so far it seems to be brilliant and I am difinitely going to use it for my next gig. The strap buttons are solid but the gloss effect does show up finger print marks very easily. I hope the guitar will be as reliable and durable as my Stagg Strat but the scratches and dents it's going to get will prove that. I was able to take it straight out the box and play it without no setting up.

The guitar finish is generally good but mine did come with two indentations on the back which I'm not sure if they happened in the factory or the shop. The guitar came pre adjusted and stays in tune very well. The pick-ups wobble slightly and some of the the bare wood can be seen round them and the neck. All in all though the guitar is absolutely brilliant for just one hundred and thirty pounds.

My Les Paul Special 2 only come last week and come equipped with an allen key for adjusting the neck, lead and a poster. It has humbucker pick-ups, Mahogany neck, Rosewood fingerboard, Dot inlays, one tone and volume controls, three way pick-up selector and chrome hardware. It has a gloss finish, Tune-O-Matic bridge style and is the best quality Les Paul your get for one hundred and thirty pounds.

WatUWant???
    Hi guys!! i sort of need a lil help here.... im a beginner, so i dont want to spend too much on a guitar (max $300) but i'd like a good quality one that will last me a nice while. i've investigated the epiphone les paul special 2 and the epiphone SG special. they both seem to be exactly what im looking for and they're both rated 8.4. Now, for my question(s) Which one is better? The SG or the Les Paul?And Is there another guitar from ibanez, fender etc. that would be better than both?? Please let me know =)
    rocklegend73
    i got one of these last christmas except my cousin worked on it and it's got seymour duncans instead of humbuckers. i love the sound. it's a great alternative to the gibson les paul and at a reasonable price too.