Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Purchased from: Gear4music

Well I started off playing stuff like funeral for a friend which this guitar handled well, then I started playing metal and metalcore with killswitch engage, as I lay dying, Bullet for my valentine etc. It handles all of this really well which I was quite suprised with. My amp is horrible though so the guitar probibily has more to show than it currently does.

As mentioned in the sound catagory I play quite a variety of tunings and genre's which this guitar can do all of it, from metal to pop-punk, from bands like paramore to as i lay dying etc. I've been playing this guitar for just under a year now and overall around a year and a half, my other guitar is a Strat copy and is horrible so this is my main guitar. If this was stolen or lost I probibly wouldn't buy it again as I have my eyes on a Jackson dinky or a ESP LTD right now so instead of spending money on this again I'd just upgrade but thats not because its a bad guitar its just I'd rather a upgrade and active pickups (in the ESP's case) But if I had the money to get both i probibly would as this is a awesome back up guitar for the price. The only thing I wish it had really is black hardware for the white model but thats cause i love the black and white look on guitars etc.

The hardware is good quality for the price so should last quite a while, strap buttons are fine as long as your not throwing the guitar around a bit. I've accidently knocked it a few times and it has had no damage so its good in that sense.. Only issues with finish are out of the box I had a small crack under the clear gloss of which also has a yellowish tint to it as I havethe white model this is noticeable. Other than that I have a tiny paint chip around the neck which is under 1mm which was from when I caught it on something I guess.

As soon as I got it the action was perfect likewise pickup hight etc. All the frets were perfect with none sharp or coming off the fretboard. So overall forme it was perfect when it came out of the box apart from string gauge but that takes 5 mins to change.

Made in 2009 in Indonesia 22 frets, rosewood fingerboard, 24.75" scale. Mahogany neck, Basswood body Dot inlays, Chrome hardware Tune-o-matic bridge with stop piece Non locking tuners Les paul shape 1 volume, 1 Tone, 3 Way selector No accesories for included

csgafford
    RandyRhoads12 wrote: WTF? This guitar is horrible, Ive used 3 different ones and they all sounded horrible.
    Something's wrong with your brain.