Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

This guitar really fits many of the styles i play, like 80's Metal, Alternative, Grunge... I have it through a Zoom G1XN Multi-Effects Processor, and a Kustom KGA10 Practice amp. Makes everything sound better. It gives me both a Rich/Full and Bright tone by adjusting he tone control. It has a range of clean, nice deep tones, up to distortion.

I play 80's Metal (AC/DC, Def Leppard, Scorpions), Grunge (Nirvana, AIC, Audioslave, Rage Against the Machine). It absolutely sounds great with the right settings for these genres. My first guitar was an Excel Strat Copy, an alright guitar but didn't hold up well. Which is why I got this one. If it were stolen or lost, I'd buy it again and again and again. I love the tone it gives, the feel of it. I don't hate anything about this fine piece of equipment. I wish I would have asked to get it properly adjusted first though. But overall, a GREAT guitar.

I believe this guitar can withstand a live show, considering you don't throw it across the stage. It feels pretty tough. The hardware hasn't given me any trouble after adjusting it, the tuners are absolutely quality made. The strap buttons were nice and wide, enough to get it on and off but not small enough for it to slip (like my Strat). I love the finish on it.

When I first got the guitar yesterday, I had a considerable amount of fret buzz towards the top 3 frets at the headstock. After adjusting the truss rod and the string height, it gave me no fret buzz whatsoever. The pickups were loose, I could move them around a little (not sure if it needs to be tightened somewhere). The 3-Way Pickup selector is noisy, it makes a loud click noise when switching. I can deal with it though.

22 Frets Gloss White Finish Les Paul Style (obviously) 1 Volume Control, 1 Tone Control, 3 Way Selector 2 Alnico Humbuckers Bridge and Neck,no Middle pickup Grover Tuners Tune-O-Matic