Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Purchased from: Guitar Center Flint,MI

My band plays a lot of 90's alt rock and this guitar seems to do it all. I don't use a lot of effects, just a Boss distortion pedal and chorus. I play through a line6 and it sounds great. No hums or feedback just clear ringing tones on clean and thick nasty tones on distortion. If I were playing 80's metal I probably would go with something else but for what I do this guitar is perfect.

This guitar definately fits with what my band plays and at the price it is like going to guitar center and stealing. I have been playing for about 25 years and have never payed so little for so much. If it were lost or stolen, I would definately get another. The sound is even better than my strat. Thumbs up Epiphone!

I haven't used this guitar live yet, but I plan to. The strap buttons seem a little small but I use strap locks anyway. I would feel comfortable using this on stage without a backup (but I always have at least 3 guitars handy when I play live) It's definately lighter than my old kramer. The color is beautiful.

Well set up from the factory and playable right out of the box. I changed the strings of course(no real guitar player plays with factory strings...I like my slinky's) The pickups were fine and I found no flaws whatsoever. The finish does collect fingerprints and dust but with the darker color that is to be expected.

I bought this guitar on Black Friday, 2010(list price $365)and am loving it so far. 22 frets. Quilted top in electric blue. I wouldn't mind a few more controls but for the price I can live with it. Big fan of the dual humbuckers. Not crazy about the non locking tuners but so far it seems to stay in tune pretty well. It didn't come with any accessories but at the price I didn't expect any.