Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Purchased from: Gumtree

If I were to suggest a type of genre for this guitar I would choose mainly Bluesy rock - Pop punk. Myself I use a Marshall valvestate 100w and it sounds incredible and with very little if anything of feedback. The humbuckers are perfectly placed to get the correct sound for lead and rythm. With 22 frets it can go a pitch higher than an ordinary fender.

I play pop punk/punk/rock and this guitar fits perfect for the sound it produces and the way it looks for a punk rocker. I've always said Ibanez for heavy metal, Fender for blues - light rock, and epiphone/gibson in between. If it was stolen I would go straight out to buy another one, lol. Love everythng about it, and hate nothing. Favourite feature go to be the head with 3 tuning heads either side, looks funky. I was going to buy an SG instead but I discovered they are like twice the weight as these. The only thing which I would add if I could would be a second tone knob and a whammy bar.

This guitar is super reliable and is a real joy to play. Although not the lightest of guitars its weight is very well distrubuted so it gives you a comfortable feel when playing standing up. As I've said already I've had this guitar for a few years now and nothing seems to be wearing away, no rust, no fretware damage. When going to a gig I always take one of my other guitars as a backup but out of my 11 amazing guitars I always take this one as my first choice and I've never had to use my spare.

The factory made this guitar very well with the best actioned guiar I've ever played on. Pickups needed a bit of work but who doesn't like fiddling with their guitar a bit to make it perfect. :) Everything about the finish is brilliant. When bought it had no flaws in it at all that needed repairing and it was in perfect condition, and still is.

Epiphone, the greatest copy of Gibson there is. Although this model looks quite basic it packs a lot of punch when plugged into a decent amplifier. The basi look was done on purpose by the designers of this guitar to make punk rockers like tom delonge look a bit younger and childish. It has 22 frets with a very low action (probably the best I've seen). Although it comes in many colours I have a Gloss black finish which looks stunning. Neck is painted which some people says is a pain in the ass but I have had it for 3 years and played hours on end on stage and have had no problem with stickiness from sweat.

xxtatiana
    as a beginner, is it worth it to get this guitar? or am i better off getting a lp 100 that will hopefully last longer?