Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Purchased from: Craigslist

It suits my style of music perfectly! I like to play with alot of distortion and sometimes clean, and it works excellent with both. I use an Epiphone Studio 15R amplifier with it. It has a pretty decent volume with out an amplifier, it has a bright sound. I think you could make just about any sounds with this guitar.

I play all differeant types of music, from punk to alternative, and it works well in each song. I've been playing for a year and this is my first electric guitar, and this guitar has made Epiphone my favorite brand. I have felt MANY differeant guitars when trying to find one and I like this one better then them all. I would definetly buy this again. I dotn hate anything about it, but I do wish it came with a place to stick a whammy.

I believe that this guitar would withstand live playing, it sturdy. The hardware seems very high quality, the knobs are very fancy see through. The strap buttons are not going anywhere anytime soon. Yes I would use it at a gig without a backup. The finish is perfect, its glossy and works well with the white.

I got it from the previous owner, but it has not a single scratch or dent or flaw in the finish on it, I don't believe that he played it very much so it must of have been that way when he got it, so it must have been ste up well. It is set up very well! The string were on correct an everything, no lose screws, poor quality wood or anything, just perfect.

-It was made in China. -it has twenty frets -it has a laminated top. -I don't know what neck woods. -I think its a Les Paul body style. -I belive its a string-thru body? -there are two pickups. -I belive they are non locking. -it came with a gig bag and a cable and the amplifier.

muzik-matt
    Really love it. Perfect if you want to play some old rock like GNR or led zepp.
    joewi
    i am playing guitar for 6 months, about one hour a day, so i am beginner and i thought this lp special was a good choice but after ive read the reviews... is this guitar good for easy songs like from green day or nirvana?
    DeniaHD
    Well... I play guitar for 8 years...and I simply HATE this one. Do you want a really cheap guitar? Epiphone les paul Junior is way better. Because it has only one pick up! Now If you can save some more money (and you are a beginner) you can buy a WONDERFUL schecter diamond series that will NEVER LET YOU DOWN. Finally... If you want to have a great guitar just dave your money and buy a Gibson Les Paul studio.
    iRockLesPaul420
    You got screwed I got mine for a lot less than you did and I was 13 and now i'm 16 and it's still in perfect condition after traveling through two states and going to school with me and leaning up against walls in my house.
    davegrohljr
    I owned one of these & they are cheap for a reason. My new guitar is an epi sg g-400worn brown, with a Gibson dirty fingers pickup in the bridge position.