Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Purchased from: GuitarGuitar

It has amazing sustain and the open humbuckers really give it crunch when you need it. That said it is not an all out rock guitar. It copes just as well with strumming and the Tune-o-matic bridge really adds to the versatility of this guitar. Its not particularly twangy though. It really does cope with all music styles. Its a beginner guitar for beginners who don't neccesarily know where their music will take them. The sound form this guitar will follow you down whatever patch you choose.

I played Grunge/Rock/Metal and it holds up brilliantly. I'm using it with a Line 6 Spider IV 15 amp and they are made for each other. If it was stolen I would seriously consider buying another. But a RVS Custom Strat for 184 (no I'm not telling where) might just take it. I just wish the tuners were better.

"Will this guitar withstand live playing?" - Hell Yeah! I have gigged this without a backup! Hardware is well constructed and shows Little/No signs of wear. The strap buttons are really good. I don't use strap locks and I haven't dropped it yet... Touch wood. The finish is one of the best parts of this guitar! It is nice and shows no scratches.

Action was perfect for me straight out of the box. The pickups were at a perfect level to give a real and meaningful distinction between them. The tone knob was at an angle when I got it so I had to apply some force to get it pushed down onto the nut it was attached to.

Two open-coil Alnico V Humbucker pickups for great classic sound and the Tune-o-matic bridge/Stopbar tailpiece combo. Exeptional spec for the price its totally reliabe no matter what you do with it. The tuners are a bit cheap though... But it really is great for the money and I couldn't have asked for more.

GoatOfSatan
    Fantastic budget guitar for either a beginner or a musician with little to spend.