Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Price paid: C$ 175

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

Plays beautifully, and the 3 way switch gives a huge range of sound clean or distorted. Playing through an Orange crush amp, can give a selection of jazz to metal to brit 60's rock. Gives a nice full sound that can fill a room nicely. Compares well to my 650$ PRS SE Akerfeldt.

Play anything you can name and so far it has sounded good. Been playing about 3 yrs. If it were stolen, it is cheap enough I'd probe go get another one. For a price difference of over 500$, my PRS only has an edge in a few categories.

Already gigged it and some people thought I was playing a Gibson LP Special. Hardware worked fine for all my shenanigans. Played varied selection on the single guitar. Very thick and sturdy finish.

Just got it recently and haven't had to change anything yet. Pickups worked well straight off the shelf. No flaws I have found yet.

- 2011 Malaysian made Epiphone Les Paul - 22 fret neck, seems to be a bit thicker than usual, but with the thin width, and smooth feel its easy to roll along decently - Basic black finish, gets lots of fingerprints, but they come off easy enough - LP style body with tune-o-matic bridge - Tone and Volume knobs, and 3 way treble - rhythm switch - Came as is, but it's a good deal.

RetroGunslinger
    Got one of these for my first guitar about 6 years ago and its still going strong, never had any problems with it at all. Since then Ive got a bc rich gunslinger and a vintage v100 paradise with slash alnico pro's and I still use it for drop tunings. Sounds and plays well for a 100 guitar
    GoatOfSatan
    Probably the best guitar for starters and a back up for later, I bought one as my first guitar a year ago and taught myself using Gibson's L&M DVDs couple that with a Roland Cube 15XL and you got yourself the best starting bundle ever.