Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Coming from someone that plays more hard rock/metal, this is a great choice for someone who is just starting out or on a tight budget. It is very versatile with different music styles, especially through my Fender Mustang I. Gets pretty great hard rock and even some decent heavy tones with gain and distortion. But being a beginning level guitar, I have to say that while it has good tone, the pickups also give off very annoying buzz and feedback, but other than that it's cool. I'll probably swap the stock pickups for some alnico ii pros, and I'd advise you to swap them out eventually as well.

All in all this is a good beginning guitar but it does have lots of limitations. Perfect for me when I started and I'd recommend it to other first-time electric guitar owners as well. Really great for the money.

Again, this is a beginning guitar. I used at my graduation party with my band, and it did okay there. But this is not a serious guitar for live gigs. If you're serious about playing in a band, save up for a real Les Paul. But I gotta say after beating it around for months this thing doesn't have a single scratch on it. That's... That's pretty cool.

I got mine from guitar center in a rare color, which is cool. VERY heavy guitar. It can also be pretty uncomfortable to play after you compare to a Strat. But then again that's an opinion. The action is perfect for me; I can pull off lots of harmonics with it. It has some minor fret buzz at the high e string, but then again what guitar doesn't?

- 22 frets, dot inlay - Custom dark burgundy finish - Black Hardware - Rosewood fretboard - Humbucker pickups - 2 tone, 1 volume, 3-way selector - Tune-O-Matic Bridge

RoKHED
    Epiphone SHOULD make a Special III, and this time... Three tone knobs One Volume Pickguard Covered Humbuckers Pretty much the looks of a higher end LP, only built for guys like me who have a low budget... Since it's low already, when I'm out on my own- my budget will go down like a nun's knickers!
    Templar980
    This finish on this guitar is pretty bad. I chipped it within the first week and I take pretty good care of it also I don't play it ridiculously rough. Apart from that it is a nice beginner guitar. I'd rate it about a 6 or a 7. I plan on changing it out for Schecter C-1 Custom or an ATX Avenger after a while but for right now it works just fine.
    Ditoh
    I bought The Epiphone Special II and I think it's a good guitar for beginners, The sound is not like an Original Les Paul, but sounds really good. I've been playing in a band with an Gio Ibanez and although the Ibanez costs $100 more than the LP, The sound is crap.
    FUTURAMAFAN
    This was my first guitar. I bought it for 30 dollars from a guy in high school. Perfect for a beginner who still doesn't know if they want to really get into playing.
    darkfyzer
    hey great review, which one its better schecter SGR Solo-6 or epiphone lp special II? thank you
    hom789
    My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do, Red97dotcom