Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Cactusaudio Birmingham

The tone has a lovely sound to it with both rhythm and treble. I use a Marshall MG30 and a DigiTech RP100 with it and with my les paul they are a perfect combination giving a good distorted and clean tone.

I play lots of differnt styles of music but mainly rock and punk so a les paul is a great match. I also own a Strat copy, a custom Kga amp, a Marshall MG30, a DigiTech RP100, a couple of acoustics and a Marshall pedl10008. I have played alot of guitars including fenders, gretch guitars and gibsons and my les paul is definatly rated highly. If my guitar was lost or stolen I would definitely consider getting another Epiphone. I love all of my guitar but I like the colour the most. If anyone is considering buying a budget Les Paul I recommend you look arond and get an Epiphone. After all it's the closest to the real thing.

The guitar chips very easily so I wouldn't recommend carrying it around in a soft case. The hardware will surely last I couldn't see anything wrong with it at all when I got it and as far as I know it hadn't been changed along the line. The strap buttons are solid it is quite hard to get the strap on at times. I am in a band and I don't usally have backup with me.

I got it second hand so I don't know how the action was set up but now it is quite low so it makes it easy to play fast. The rhythm pickup is set quite low and the treble high.

My guitar was made in Korea. I bought it second hand at cactus audio in Birmingham. Although its second hand it still good quality which shows the person who owned it before me looked after it very well. It is two tone translucent cherry sunburst and it has a 22 fret rosewood bolt on neck which is very rare nowadays in Epiphone LP standards. It has a 3 way selector Switch and two volume controlls and two tone controlls. The bridge is a stop tail. There are two standard Gibson pickups.