Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: american musical

i play a lot of different things, i play some jazz, classical, but mostly rock. its great for rock, i play lots of chili peppers, incubus, queens of the stone age, all kinds of rock, metallica, zepp, it sounds great on rock. for jazz its an amazing sound too, its pretty versatile, you can make some really different sounds to fit your needs with this axe

I own a DigiTech RPx400 and a Zoom 707II which I've had forever and my guitar sounds great going through these. I'd go out and get it back with a vengeance if it was stolen, I compared it to a Fender Strat, and id choose a les paul over a Fender anyday. Fenders just don't cut it for me (it still puzzles me why they put pickguards on their basses, no true bassist uses a pick) once again a great product made by Epiphone approved by Gibson, this guitar is worth all $540 because I didn't have 1900 bucks for a Gibson at the time :D

This guitar can withstand hours of live playing, you'll get more worn out than it will. This guitar can suit your needs cuz its pretty versatile and itll last you a long time. I would depend on it. If it got stolen id go out and desperately hunt down the robber before I went crazy. I would use it on a gig without a backup, but only if I didnt have a backup. If I had a backup id still bring one no matter what just because thats my old paranoid self, always needing backups.

I replaced the pickups because they just didn't cut it for me, the action was great, the factory pickups are okay just for a beginner. A few days after it came in the mail, a strap nut came loose, but I rescrewed it back on, and it hasn't come lose since. The pickup selector is nice and tight.

Made in korea, 22 rosewood fretboard, solid top, two volumes, one rhythm and treble, two tones, one rhythm and treble. Alnico humbuckers. There are lots of different finishes they offer, and I got transparent amber, a really classic looking color. tune-o-matic bridge. I got a nice hard case for 50 extra bucks, as oppose to 80.