Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Music World

This is a great guitar for playing different types of music. I like to play blues, rock, some punk and a little rockabilly, but mostly classic Rock. When I play it I use a Roland Cube 30 and a Digitech Guitar processor. This combination makes a great rich and pure sound. The guitar can make sounds such as soaring solos or pulverizing penatonics.

Like I said I play a quiet a bit of Classic Rock so having the Les Paul like Jimmy Page, Ace Fehley, Joe Perry and Slash makes it a good match. I've been playing for about a year and have had this guitar for about 10 months, I also have an acoustic guitar, a Roland cube-30 and a digitech Guitar Processor.If it were stolen I would be extremley angry but Would save even more this time aroungd and upgrade, for instance get the Epiphone Standard plus. One thing that I love about it is that most people espsecially guitar players can tell right away that it is a les paul because it really is a one of a kind guitar, even though there has been many rip-offs of it, it will always be the best solid body. The only thing that I dislike about it is that it is so heavy that itgets tiring playing it standing up. Overall I like evrything about this guitar so I can't single anything out. The only other guitar that I really compare it to is other Epiphone Les Pauls.I chose this one because it played the best. The only thing I wish it had was the type of bridge to put a whammy bar on it. Overall this is a great guitar.

Yes this guitar will withstand live playing, in fact I have already played live with this guitar at indoor and outdoor gigs. It also has good hardware so it will last.The strap buttons are good but because the les paul is so heavy my strap sometimes falls off. It is a dependable guitar, I wouldn't be worried if it were the only guitar I had at a gig. To finshing seems to be very well done and thick so it probably won't thin out. Also Epiphone/Gibson does a great job on there finshing so it will most likely last.

The setup factory on my guitar was fine, but there was a little buzz. The only other minor problem was that the neck pickup needed to be raised to get more sound.

This is a great Epiphone with a lot of features. It was made in Japan in '03. It has 22 frets and has the traditional built in neck opposed to the bolt on necks, this is one of the features that makes the playing and especially the soloing easier. This is a solid mahogany body with a flamed top finish. The body style is the tradional one cutaway les Paul,(not the double cutaway). This Guitar includes the controls such as volume, tone, and a threeway pickup configurator. The pickups are just the standard Gibson humbuckers. The tuners are non-locking and are Epiphones, comes with case.