Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I play rock, blues, and metal mostly and it suits my musical style just fine. It takes a bit of tinkering to get the exact tone that you want, but you will definetly get it out of this guitar. I play it through a Fender Stage 160 DSP and I use a Zoom 505 II multi-effects pedal. It sounds wonderful! I think that the wonderful tone of the Les Paul really shines through when you play it clean or with a little gain. Not like death metal gain, but maybe played through a blues driver.

Overall, I would definitely purchase this guitar again. It is impossible to get that unique Les Paul tone from any different model guitar. If it were stolen or lost it never will be! I can't seem to take my eyes off of it! The bottom line is that I love this guitar and I can depend on it.

I've used this guitar during gigs without a backup, and I feel completely comfortable. Pretty dependable, I would say.

The guitar seems to have been built perfectly at the factory. I did lower the action a little (just to suit my taste, though). The pickups are awesome. Everything seemed perfect.

This guitar features a mahogany/alder body and carved maple top. It has a 22-fret rosewood fingerboard, chrome hardware, grover tuners, and classic chrome humbucking pickups. Of course, it has a tun-o-matic bridge w/ a stopbar tailpiece like many other Epiphones. Two tone and two volume controls (seperate for each pickup). I love the cream body/neck binding and the flame top. Looks absolutely marvelous. It did not come with any accessories, but still a great deal.