Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Omer's Pawn

Wow. Enough said. With a dual stacked Marshall or with a single practice amp, wire it through your rig and it'll sound insane no matter how you play it. Distorted the sound of the actual guitar kicks through or clean it sings like something that can sing a trumpet or something. Either way it never buzzes and is responsive as hell to whatever you want it to do.

I play a lot of oldschool rock and metal and it fits those styles perfectly. I've had friends who are into country/blues/jazz and whatnot and they could still make it talk in those languages. It's the jack of all trades guitar, man. I've been playing for just under 2 years and the noname guitar I had before doesn't even compare to this thing. If it was stolen or lost after crying like a little girl for a few days I'd definetly get another one. My favorite feature? Everything. I love the tone, the look, the feel, everything about this guitar is perfection.

The guy I bought it from said he'd played bar after bar with it for years and it still looks as nice as any picture you can find on the manufacturer's website. You can play it for hours with heavy bending and it rarely detunes itself.

Bought it used (it's an 82) and it came perfectly tuned and ready to go. No flaws, there's one scratch on the neck but that's about it, the strings were set a little more raised than I am normally used to but it didn't take much to get used to.

It's a 1982 Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Cherry Sunburst, 22 fret, with all the standard LP looks. Beautiful finish with the 4 standard Les Paul adjusters. Dual pickups, one is onboard but the other is a battery operated standalone. The onboard is the Epiphone factory model and the standalone I'm not sure.