Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Nashville used music

One thing that makes this guitar sound even better is a Roland Cube 30. It has a built in delay, reverb, flanger, phaser, tremolo and chorus. (I would suggest that amp over a Marshall 30 watt) I play several types of music but I play punk rawk the most. I can play clean and the guitar has a phat tone. With this it sounds just as good as my freinds $1,000 Strat. I can play any type of music with this thing.

One thing about a Les Paul is that no matter what kind of music your playing it looks awesome. From AC/DC to blues, to folk music this guitar loks cool and makes the player look cool. I have been playing about four months now and have mostly taught myself. I also own an Epiphone acoustic wich is so awesome. I wish I had asked if this thing was still under warranty when I bought it not becauase anything has happened but in case something does. So don't forget to ask that question if buy a used one. If it got stolen then I would probably save up and get a another just like and if I had enough money I might upgrade to Gibson. I love the finish the best and there is nothing that I really hate about except that some people think that I must be an idiot for buying one with a whammy bar (but I don't really care what people say the whammy bar certainly doesn't take anything away from the guitar it just adds to it and make very rare). The whammy bar is probably my favorite feature that actually effects the sound. I compared it to a Strat before I bought it and for the value it didn't even come close thats why I bought the LP.

This guitar will take whatever you can give. The hardware is awesome nothing is loose at all. My strap has fallen off one time but that was myfault because I a really really cheap strap that had holes that were to big. The finish again is awesome and whereever they make these things those poor people working in overcrowded factories deserve a raise for this finish!

My freind Bought a new LP Standard for around $550 it was awesome sraight from the factory ( mine was a used one). My pickups were perfect. Because of the whammy bar there is a quarter of a circle showing from underneath the bigsby wher the filled the whole from the origial stopbar with a filler just bareley off of the finishes color. But straight from the factory my friends Heritage cherry sunburst finish looked just like the Gibson $3000 finish.

I got an icredible deal on a 2001 LP standard. This is a list of the feutres: mahogany body, rosewood fretboard, flame top (blue to pearl is an awesome look), pick gaurd. This guitar has been customized with a bigsby whammy bar and rolling nut and bolt (wich eliminates the tuning problems some bigsbys add). It had the volume knobs of the sunburst LP but I got some black Gibson knobs at strings'n'things and now everybody wants to play my baby.