Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Long & McQuade, Saskatoon

I play mostly blues, or rock, or rock/blues, and it suits that perfectly. It has a very round sound. I'm using it with a Danelectro Vintage amp and I've been using the dirty sweet effect as well as a flanger/chorus pedal. The sound quality varies it can be very grungy and also perfect clean and clear.

I play alot of blues and rock like Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan and this guitar is perfect, the sound it produces and the action is like sticking my fingers in butter. I've been playing for quite awhile, my other guitar is an Ibanez G10 and there is absolutely no comparison between these two guitars. If it were lost or stolen and I had the money I would absolutely buy it again. I love everything about this guitar, especially the playability. I would highly recomend this guitar to anyone whos looking for something in the bluesy rock area.

This guitar will take pretty much anything you can five it. It is completely solid. It's completely dependable I would totally use it without a backup. I see this guitar lasting for a long time.

Everything on this guitar is perfect as far as action, fit and finish. It's flawless. In the store where I bought it ther was another one that had some problems but as far as the one I bought it's amazing.

This guitar is amazing, it was made in China and I think its an '03. 22 frets. Relatively thin. Laminated top. The neck is mahogany and the body is mahogany/alder. Very nice. The finish is transparent, it's unbelievebly smooth. It's a Les Paul, so it's the standard Les Paul body, single cutaway. It's got a tune-o-matic. Active electronics, it's got volume, tone control for all pickups. I bought it straight on boxing day so I didn't get anything with it.