Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Avenue Guitars - Edmonton

This guitar fits my musical tastes perfect. I mostly play classic rock, but it suits punk, blues, and metal perfect as well. I use a Marshall MG30DFX, and it sounds great, with no 'buzzing'. If your looking for a full rich sound, this is the best guitar you can buy.

For the money, you cant beat it. If it were lost/stolen, I would definetely buy another, or a Gibson, but I love the Les Paul model so much. I only wish it had a tremolo bar! But an excellent overall guitar.

This guitar is a beast! It is so bulky and feels like it can survive anything you can dish at it. Very very solid, I would definetely gig with this guitar. The finish is very very solid as well, and looks like it will last me a long long time.

The finish is brilliant. The pickups were adjusted perfect, and I especially like the Tune-O-Matic bridge. The tuning pegs are great, and hold tune very very well, and they look very nice also. The only problem I have had was the top strap button came off, and it looked like the hole was drilled to big for the screw, but that was covered by warranty. Highly recommended.

I just purchased this guitar, and wow, it is impressive. For almost 3 times less than a Gibson Les Paul, you get basically all the same features. 22 frets, mahogany neck, mahogany/alder body, tune-o-matic bridge, single cutaway, and 2 great sounding humbuckers.