Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Aage Jensen

Well this baby is proberbly the most versitale guitar I have ever played, it suits every thing I play from punk to Metallica-like-things to classic rock like Led Zeppelin and the Beatles. I use mine with a Marshall 15DFX (best practice amp ever by the way) and a Boss DS-2 Turbodistortion. I tend to like the screaming sounds so have the tone knobs all the way up', though I only use the bridge humbucker.

I wouldn't trade this guitar for any other(expect maybe a Gibson Les Paul). I've played for almost 2 years now and I've tried a lot of guitars and my baby outshone them all. If was stolen I'd track the b--ch down and beat him up and ask my guitar to do the same (and it would, and it could).

After the little thing with the output disappearing there hasn't been any problems and now I certainly trust this baby live (and I have done so before), no backup needed at all. The finish would withstand anything as it tend to jump around while playing and so far nothing happened to the finish.

Well this was my guitars BIG weakness, after a month of playing the output disappeared, but no problemo the guys in the store where I had bought it was quick to fix the issue. Other than that it was just fine. Thumbs down to Epiphone for that!

My Les Paul was made 2004 in Korea (I think), mahogany body with a beautiful Heritage chery sunburst maple top and also a mahogany neck with 22 jumbo frets and trapez inlays. The bridge is ofcourse a Tune-O-Matic and like all Les Pauls it has 4 knobs (two volume and two tone), two Gibson humbuckers.