Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Renos Music

Second, the sound of this guitar, is unlike anything I have ever heard. You can play any style of music with it, it'll always sound good. I'm playing it with a Marshall MG250DFX, and occaisionally a cruddy practice Fender. It sounds great on either. There is a huge variety of sounds you can make just by flipping the pickup selector. You can change from Jazz to country and twang in half a second.

The only problem I had with this guitar was the weight. At first it is extremely heavy. But my guitar teacher told me. With more weight and more dense wood, the more sustain and higher tone. And to my experiance this seems to be true. I've only been playing around one year, but I play for about 4 hours a day (yes I know, I'm a freak). If this guitar was stolen, I would cry. For days, many days. Eventually I would buy it again. This axe beats the snot out of my crappy Squier. The only thing I wish it had was a tremelo bar. But that's one of the only bad things about a Les Paul. It took me forever to find this guitar. I have seen many that looked like it, but not one that played or felt the same. You just have to keep trying until you find one you fall in love with. Which I definately did.

This guitar is always good, live or just practicing. The hardware is strong and sturdy. The strap buttons can hold perfectly. If I ever had a gig, I wouldn't need a backup guitar, this one is perfect. The finish is great, like glass. I dont think it'll wear out for a long time.

The action on this guitar is great. The pickups are set perfectly. The only problem I had was one tone knob was too close too the body of it. This problem was easily solved by pulling the tone knob out a little bit. The pickup selector is completely noiseless.

First off, I love this guitar, the first night I had, it, I let it sleep in my bed. I'm not sure where it was made, but mannn! does it sound good. It's got 22.5 jumbo frets, and one of the fastest smoothest necks I've felt in a long time. I'm pretty sure it's rosewood. It makes my practice amp sound good! It's got a Tune-O-Matic bridge with grover tuners. I also like the 3-way pickup selector. It has 2 volume and 2 tone knobs. I love the way mine looks to. If you want to see it, go to www.myspace.com/jadefalcon. It has a Vintage sunburst finish, which always looks great on any guitar.