Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

It honestly is one of the most versatile guitars I've played, it's great for clean things, jazz, blues, pop, then into rock, metal, heavy metal, death metal everything. I'm using a Laney amp and its has no feed back if you use the right cable. It has a very full sound due to its large body, very chunky sound is great.

I play metal and it suits it fine. It's a great overall guitar, just wish it had a whammy bar. If it were lost all stolen they'd have to lock me up because I'd kill someone, but yes I would buy a new one.

I think this guitar will last me a long long time and I hope it does, I wouldn't use a back up because this guitar is great. Strap buttons are solid just like the rest of the guitar. And the finish looks great and seems like it will last long.

When I tested the guitar out at the shop it was flawless, great action, the frets were just a litte ruff at the edges but they fixed that up for me, the neck was fine, humbuckers all fine pretty much all fine.

I just bought this guitar and I've got to say for the price it is, it's incredible. It was made in 2004 in China. It's got 22 frets medium frets, maple neck and mahogany body with a cherry burst finish. It's got the Gibson Tune-O-Matic bridge which is great and makes restringing a whiz. It's got 2 chrome humbuckers (very sexy) one treble one rhythm and theres a volume and pitch control for both. Not sure about the brand of tuners though they arent locking they seem to stay in tune pretty well. When I bought it it came with a hard body case and a cable, the cable was terrible though and increased the feed back enourmasely, infact it was the only thing causing feed back because when I plugged in another cale it was silent.