Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Sam Ash (Used)

This guitar sounds awesome and is a very big step up from my $120 squire. It has a nice deep, rich sound great for anything. Solos sound amazing and barre chords work well too. I have a Line 6 Spider 150 watt head played though surround sound with all the cool effects and all of them sound good except for the clean setting which sounds like light distortion using the lower pickup.

I've been playing for 2 years mostly hard rock and hardcore power chords and solos cool stuff like that. I have a nice little cheap Squire that weighs about 2 ounces and sounds like hell. The Humbuckers are a great change from the Squire. If it were lost/stolen, you would find another person in jail for murdering whoever took it (JK). I absolutely love the tremolo bar, although it takes it out of tune if you use it too much. Sorry anyone who does not have one because I do.

As with all Epiphone Les Pauls, this is quite heavy compared to some others. However, I don't seem to mind any more than I do with other guitars. Definately usable on a gig without a backup. Easily played live. No problems except the weight.

Nice setup. The action is perfect and the pickups are just right. Everything is properly made, although because of the whammy bar it is a little harder to keep in tune. It also makes putting new strings on a little more of a pain.

My guitar was made in 2000 probably in Korea. 22 Frets, and all those other normal Les Paul features maple body rosewood neck etc. It looks very nice and is in amazing condition aside from some rust on the strap buttons (however I replaced them with straplok's anyways). Chrome hardware, and nice inlays on the fret board. I'm not sure if this is the right kind because mine has an oldschool-like whammy bar (and it's amazing).