Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

This guitar fits my styles very well (I play Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones basically classic rock and shred). I use this guitar with a Marshall MG30 DFX and it gets a really nice Vintage crunchy sound when the gain is up and with the clean channel can get perfect tone for songs like Over the Hills and Far Away. The guitar is set up very nicly in terms of intonation, no buzzing and barely any feedback. The guitar has enough sound variety to play any classic rock and some arena rock songs. This things sound is very similar to that of a Gibson Les Paul Studio.

As I said I play shred and classic rock and I already have a JS100 for a broad soundscape but I got this guitar for travelling. I have been playing for 5 years and I think this is the best guitar I have ever played for the money. The guitar is about the same quality as a Gibson Les Paul Studio (no joke) and it saves you almost 800 dollars. If this guitar were stolen I dont think I would buy another becuase I am broke. Compared to my JS, this guitar is above average without a doubt the best guitar around for intermediate players or advanced players who need a beat it up guitar for traveling. The perfect match for people with a budget who play classic rock.

I bought this guitar to be a beat-it-up guitar so I would not have to carry my Ibanez JS100 to my friend's house for band practice or anywhere else it may get hurt. This was without a doubt not meant to be my main guitar but it is alot better than I expected. I would say it is a very dependable guitar becuase I carry it to my friends without any casing and it gets along fine.

I purchased this guitar perfectly set up and nothing had to be adjusted in terms of action. The guitar contained some scratches due to the fact that it was a floor guitar at Guitar Center. No flaws effected the sound whatsoever and the guitar remained a real beauty.

I bought this guitar yesterday and I have to say I am very pleased with what I got for the price. The guitar has a nice, fast neck, slender body, and responsive elecronics. The guitar is well equipped with a Mahogany neck and body with a flame maple top and a rosewood fingerboard. It looks exactly like a Gibson Les Paul Standard and comes in a variety of colors.