Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

This guitar fits my type of music perfectly. I play from punk to metal. This guitar just has so many tonal capabilities, it's awesome. It's not noisy. At first I thought that my rhythm pickup was screwed up because it buzzed but then we realized that it was just the amp buzzing.

I play from punk to metal and I think that this is a perfect match. I have been playing for almost two years but I'm better than most people that have been playing that long. I played a Squier Fat Strat before this and it was actually pretty ok. If this was stolen I would definitely buy it again. I love its tonal capabilities and the look and sound of this guitar. The only thing is the weight, it could be a little lighter. But overall, this is an awesome guitar that I will enjoy and gig with.

This guitar could definitely withstand live playing. The hardware seems like it will last forever or a really long time. The strap buttons are very solid although some people say differently because they just had defects. I would use this at a gig without a backup. I think the finish will last a long time and that this will be an awesome guitar.

This guitar was set up perfectly in the factory and the action was just right. It was good even for dropped tunings. The pickups seem to be adjusted pretty well and I haven't noticed anything wrong yet on this guitar. The only aggravating thing about it being ebony is the fingerprints and marks show easily.

It was made in China and has 22 frets. I got mine in ebony and it's got the Les Paul Standard look. I'm pretty sure it came with a Tune-O-Matic bridge. It has 2 tone and 2 volume knobs. It came with classic chrome humbucking pickups and it also has chrome grover tuners.

C40.is.hot
    How heavy are these? I'm going to get one in "hollowbody". How does it differ from the standard model?