Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Klangfarbe, Vienna, Austria

I mainly play rock, reinterpretations of pop songs, ballads and blues. At home I'm using a Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15DFX amplifier and I haven't been able to test it on a hugher amplifier yet. The sound is amazing compared to the guitars I played before. I bought the guitar because I tested it for various playstyles I have and it was simply the best overall guitar for me. Anyone who yet had the possibility of playing a Les Paul knows what I mean: The guitar applies every playstyle pretty well so in my oppinion it's a solid overall guitar in every aspect. You can do quite everyhting with it.

As already mentioned, I like digging into some old school and new school rock and ballads a lot. On the other side I like reinterpretations of pop songs I used to like when I was little and blues. The guitar just plays perfect in every aspect. I'm really thankful I picked this beauty over the other guitars I tested. I'm quite new into playing the guitar, I started half a year ago, but I play 6 hours a day. If this guitar was stolen and I would catch the thief, I'd kill him. Really. Nobody should steal a guitar, it's an instrument that brings joy to other people and people Who steal guitars are the worst. And yes, I would get the same one! I simply love the feeling of it and especially the chromed hummbucker pickups are great, since I used to play on single coil guitars till I got this one. I compared it to the Ibanez RG Series, Fender Telecaster and Stratocaster made in Mexico and to a Gibson SG and I think it was the most versatile guitar of those. That's why I prefered it over the others. I wish it had a Gibson name on it. I could not afford a real Gibson.

The guitar itself is massive and solid, so I figure it would withstand live playing easily. Since I replaced my strap buttons with more reliable ones, I can clearly say I would depend on this guitar.

Just perfect! Except for the strap buttons I mentioned before (but this might just be a problem of the strap I use).

The guitar was made in China, I guess it's a 2006 model. It has 22 frets, maple neck and a mahagony body with a light sunburst finish. The two chromed Hummbucker pickups are being regulated by four volume controllers and a treble/rhythm switch. I think the other reviews for this guitar give a pretty decent impression on what to expect and since I don't want to repeat facts you can obviously read in the other reviews, I'll skip this part. I just wanted to say that the strap buttons were quite small, or my strapholes being to big, just being too big to constantly slip out. I replaced them by security strapholders.

realic
    g-unitie wrote: to many reviews if you ask me.....plus you have to go original gibson les paul over the epiphone because you wont get as much respect without the origin of the guitar
    o kay buddy...im pretty sure respect doesnt come from what is written on the guitar....simply how well u play...i own a Epi, and with some adjustments is very comparable to the gibson... it all depends on the person (and how good the person is...if u are anyone except g-unitie)
    g-unitie