Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: A small local Shop

I usually play punk or grunge, or even occasionally the '70s ballad. It adapts pretty well, but I think that's due to my G-Dec amp, which is amazing! It can get pretty loud, but only on a few settings on my G-Dec amp. In a normal or average amp the sound is pretty soft and adapts well to ballads or a pretty wide amount of modern rock.

I do usually play harder stuff, but I'm not sure if it's the "perfect" match. I've been playing, seriously, for about three years. I don't get lessons, but I consider my self an intermediate guitarist. I definitely should've asked if I was getting a good deal. I think I got an okay deal, but I would've liked it to be cheaper! If I lost this guitar, I would move on and buy a guitar a guitar with more, should I say "grungy sound." Honestly I didn't shop around like I should have, but I'm so far pretty happy with this guitar. I think it's a good "transition guitar." I think it's for the player Who is between beginner and advanced/intermediate. Overall the only thing I would change is the soft sound.

The most major thing I've changed about my guitar is have the input/output jack changed, because there was a loose wire. I've had the guitar for about ten months and every thing is working great. Evreything is stable and solid. Ace Frehley (Kiss guitarist) uses a Gibson, because it's probably better made. The finish is always pretty nice.

I haven't gotten any major changes done to the guitar except I changed the bridge a small bit. Every thing else was set of great!

It was a 22 fret I just assume since it was new when I bought it, it was a 2005 model made in, and this may be completely wrong, but I think it was made in China. It was a solid body with a sunburst top. Honestly I'm not positive, but I believe the body and neck woods were maple. The bridge is fixed. It is a string-through. There are two tone and two volume controls. They work nicely. The tuners are nice. I don't plan to change them any time soon. They overall lock nicely. I didn't get any real "accessories" from the store, except a card good for 10 manual string changes.

CDawg211
    mine is a sunburst that plays perfectly. some people say that you can only play the freebird solo on an explorer, screw that i can play it on my les paul with no problem. : )
    Mrfro
    i recently bought a lp and im relitivley happy with it but it was horribly set up and the jack came loose and part of it fell off and the paint job has a few flaws. i should probably dave my money for a gibson
    johnstca
    I've owned my ebony LP Standard for 5 years and it is awesome- a great buy if you can't afford Gibson. Although Gibson is better, Epiphone makes awesome guitars. Unless $$ is no option, you'd be a fool to blow all your money on a Gibson. The sounds is good, but the LP Classic (I think) has a better sound for rough, hard rock sounds (I own one of them too). The epiphone LP is the best buy for those looking in the ~$500 range. By the way-- Fender strats suck-- Les Pauls rule...