Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: tom lee music

Amazing sound, covers a wide range, I can easily switch between the different options available and play greenday to Bowling For Soup to something else with no problems whilst sounding authentic. I use a Ibanez 10G amp, which isn't great, but the sound of it certainly sounds good, it can play softer sounds but can distort real nicely when you want it to. Brill.

I play rock and I try other styles occasionally, and this guitar certainly delivers th tones I want-whether it be soft twangy tones to heavy distortion, this axe has got it all. The high playibility in this guitar definitely stands up to it's Gibson counterpart, it would also compare well with a Fender Strat, and even an Ibanez RG. If this guitar was stolen I'd probably kill somebody, steal his money and buy ten more of these back, they're so worth the money I payed, when you're deciding on your next electric guitar purchase, and yu haven't got an Epiphone Les Paul Standard in your collection, go get one.

I haven't performed with this axe yet I can't say for sure, everything's put together very well so I think it should be ok, the hardware has lasted my playing on many occasions. When performing with any guitar I would bring a spare backup, so this is no exception, but this guitar is certainly very sterdy so I won't worry too much about it anyways.

When I bought thhis from the store it looked okay, but by the time I got home I had to polish it, so the finishing isn't really good, but the action and set-up is really good, I can easily fret strings and have no problems when sliding, bending, etc. Pickups, bridge pins were all professionally set up and it looks, sounds, feels great.

Gibson makes some of the best guitars in the world, and the les paul is no exception, but too bad for many of us, Gibson guitars are just way too expensive, so here come one of Epiphone's brand of Gibson's famous models-the les pauls Standard. This guitar's got 22 frets, a mahogany neck, a mahogany/alder body, Tune-O-Matic bridge, single cutaway, and 2 humbuckers and 4 tonal/volume controls, it's made in china but I don't know when. It comes with nothing at all but I don't actually mind, I just bought a gig bag, strap, cloth, cable for it.

Empo
    If you want to buy good, cheap and strong guitar i recomend this guitar.
    feathersmcgraw
    Wish everyone would stop whinging about the weight of an Epi...sure, they're heavier than Strats, but if you can't deal with this one, you won't be able to touch a Gibson...
    led_zephyr
    this guitar is by far the best at its price point. however, if you play at a school jazz band and don't want to take your gibson/Fender Custom/PRS, this is a great substitute. however, if you are serious, i recommend buying the gibson humbuckers, for they are 110 each and drastically improve your tone. In addition, the feel of this guitar rivals that of gibson, the main diffrence is the quality of wood, hardware, and electronics