Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Steves Music

This guitar has a very full sound. On all the settings it's great. It's not noisy either. It's mainly ment for rock music though but you could play anytype on it but it's best suited for rock. It goes great with almost any amp and the patch chord spot is in a great place, it won't get in your way.

This guitar suits rock music. It was built for rock music. I have been playing for a while and I have played other music on it but rock suites it. If I were to compare this to another guitar I would say the Epiphone is etter unless the other one was a top of the line guitar. I wish it costed a bit less though, it's a bit pricy it's good though.

If I where on-stage with this guitar I would trust it. But I would replace the strap-locks with some that are gaurenteed to not break or let go of your strap. I would play at a coffeeshop without a backup but if I where playing a big concert I would just get a Gibson. It's the same thing but better wood and such. I would trust the finish to stay ION fr a while too. This guitar is trustworthy though.

This guitar was built great, the pickups were perfect it's all even, no unfiled freat or loose controls. The bridge is great to, it was built solidly and it's easy to change strings. I couldn't find bad things about this guitar. The paint dosn't chip a lot either. This guitar can stand up to a lot things, but if you are going to change the pickups or bridge or whatever, if it's your first time, get a professional to do it.

This is a great guitar. Awesome sound and a great fingerboard. Thisguitar has many features such as: 22 Frets with trapazoid inlays, alnico classic humbucker pickups, chrome hardware and a strong and steady stopbar, also a mahogany finish. Its electronics have volume for trebel and rythem modes and tone knobs. But the downside is that it's non-locking and it doesn't with any accessories. But other then that it's a great guitar; second to olny the Gibson itself.

mr. ...
    vanhalenrule wrote: OMFG the brand matters! you honestly believe an epiphone is gonna be as well put together as a gibson or sound as good? YOURE CRAZY! why you think gibsons are so much more expensive. my mate's epiphone lp's pickup fell out, what does that say!
    that means he didnt take care of it. stop whining and just put it back in!!!!
    mr. ...
    C40.is.hot wrote: How heavy are these? I'm going to get one in "hollowbody". How does it differ from the standard model?
    these are like 7 pounds. i had to wiegh it cuz i got a wall hanger and i had to make sure it could hold the dam thing
    mr. ...
    i have this in vintage sunburst. i love this guitar. perfect guitar for the price
    bgarnham
    i don't know if buy this or the squier fat strat the strat have tremolo but the les paul is better
    zoso1016
    does the epiphone les paul standard plain top sound as good as the epiphone standard? anyone please answer this!
    RoyalzPawn
    OMFG! i just bought this guitar today! and let me tell you guys... its SEX! i paid $540 (ca) and for this price its perfect! this guitar sounds sooooo good, and so clean, no crappy high pitched noise, and all, its not too heave, buitifull, and great sounds.. over all i give this a 10/10 best guitar ive ever owned my guitars> Fender Strat. Epiphone SG Epiphone Les Paul Standard(
    AnusFace
    First off, I love this guitar, the first night I had, it, I let it sleep in my bed.
    Ha That reminds me of whe i had my First Guitar.
    epi les paul69
    Frank Iero from My Chemical Romance plays one of these things. It's so awesome that a famous guitarist would play an epiphone instead of a Gibson guitar, as he's probably filthy rich.