Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: eBay

I play a lot of blues and classic rock. For that, the Les Paul is perfect. It is a good foil for my Squier Stratocaster. I'm using it with a Boss Fuzz box, a Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal, and a Vox VA15 amp. The amp plays perfectly to the Les Paul's highs and lows when I haven't messed with the settings to much. I usually use equal parts treble, bass, gain, and volume for my amp. The guitar can make all sorts of sounds, from a rhythmic boom to a trebly squeal.

Again, I play classic rock and the blues. This guitar is a perfect match for that style of playing. I've been playing about 5 years, and I own all the things I've mentioned as well as a Squier Bass and bass amp. I can't think of anything I would've asked before I bought it. If it was stolen or lost, and I had enough money, I would definitely buy it again. Compared to the Gibson Les Paul, it's an almost perfect match for hundreds of dollars less. Part of me wishes it had a Bigsby tremolo, but the rest of me thinks that would ruin the aura of such a legendary guitar.

This guitar will withstand Live playing better than a lot of others. The hardware, especially the Grovers, seem like they should last a long, long time. The strap buttons are rock-solid. I know I can depend on it, and I would use it without a backup if I absolutely had to. The finish also should last a very long time.

The action is perfect, not too low or high. The pickups are fine, and they are adjusted correctly to suit me. The top is beautiful, and bridge are fantastic. The guitar had no flaws at all when I received it. The bracing is alright, the fretwire was fine, the finish is great, and the hardware is all together and intact.

It's a 2006 Epiphone Les Paul Standard, made in America. 22 frets on a maple neck, and it's a solid-top. The body is also maple. The finish is a beautiful cherry sunburst. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge with passive electronics. It also has two volume and two tone controls. There are 2 Epiphone Standard humbucker pickups. It has Grover tuners, and it came in a hard-shell Epiphone case.

SnowMan1
    This guitar is great! It is just as good as a gibson les paul standard. And it's also cool because as epi les paul69 said Frank and also Ray from My Chemical Romance plays epihpone and their one of my favorite bands.