Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I play various types of music, and this guitar fits them all from country to metal this guitar will cover it. I am using a Wahsburn Bad Dog 25 Watt amp set on clean wil a Boss Ns-2 Noise Surpressor and a DigiTech Grunge distortion pedal and this guitar has a massive amount of sustain. It gives a bright sound with a boost of that treble pop but also delivers a warm rythym tone.

I liked the appearence of this guitar a lot but the tonal quality is as good as a Gibson. I've been playing for a couple years now and also have an Ibanez Artcore, and a Fender Avalon. If I lost this guitar I would replace it with another Epiphone Les Paul. It would be the perfecty guitar if it only said Gibson instead of Epiphone but that is more than okay.

Definately gig capable with its sturdy hardware. I added Dunlop Strap Locks because the strap kept slipping, but overall I would and have used this for many gigs. The finish has stayed as if it just came off the assembly line and dust will not gather on it.

The action was set to a Standard which was good in my case because I'm still on the Standard action. The pickups were set up exactly how I expected which was how my Gibson Les Paul Custom is. The to tone control knobs were wired backwards but this was not a big deal for me because I planned to remove the neck tone knob with a mute Switch and wire the bridge and neck pickup tone knobs to one.

Hand Crafted in the United States in 2006. With 22 Standard frets on a mahogany/alder body. A fast, set, rosewood neck this guitar is capable of the fastest licks. Two Alnico Covered Humbuckers sets the tone for this masterpiece. These guitars come with a free 10 foot cable.