Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Bailey Brothers Music, Mongomery, AL

LP Standard has a great meaty sound and feel to it. It's great for it's great for rhythm as well as solos. I'm am a diverse guitar player, and the LP fit me perfectly. My Marshall amp overdrive can really deliver the power chords. Again, it has a very deep sound that I thoroughly enjoy.

I've been playing since the age of 12, so that would be 2 years now. I have learned much and the LP Standard can do nothing but help me in my hobby. If I lost it, I would be stuck on whether I should buy a LP Goldtop or a Double Cut. I absolutely love the diversity of the guitar. It fits me perfectly. One thing that would set me aprt from all others is if I had a LP Standard with a maple top fretboard. It's a great product, espeacially if you want to step up from the guitar you got on sale at Wal Mart.

Seems very durable. This should should last me until college or longer (14 now). The finish seems nicely laminated and durable. As for the strap buttons, one is very loose and I will have to screw it tighter from the inside. It's a very heavy guitar, hard to play Live for an extended time, but with the right strap it'll be fine.

My guitar came ready to go. It was even tuned. Conveniently placed pickups, except for one flaw: the front pickup was too high for my convenience, and my pick kept hitting against it. It was and easily fixable problem, though. The strings looked a bit dirty and maybe a bit used but, once again, an easliy fixable problem. Actually, I think that worked to my advantage because they were all warmed up for me. I loved the marble looking fret markers. The pickguard is elevated from the body for perfect convinience.

Very impressed with the Les Paul Standard. For me to buy a guitar, it has to be made in the USA, no question. Beautiful 22 frets are lain on a rosewood neck. I chose the Vintage sunburst and I have absolutely no regrets. The body is the Standard LP model. It has four volume knobs that control: the volume and tone of the Treble mode, and likewise of the rhythm mode. Has a very distinct difference in tone of treble and rhythm, thus making the Epiphone Les Paul Standard very diverse in sound. Came with a free padded gig bag and cord. I use a Korg Chromatic Tuner that never fails me.

Shredder Guitar
    i would sure hope it would last the july 27 reviewer longer than college! its a les paul, man. 10 years is hardly on scratch on one of these beasts. and btw, an elitist les paul costs over $1000 new, so that really isnt that much of a statement people. its almost as much as a gibson lp studio.
    sum41freak8733
    alright everyone saying youll get more respect if you own a gibson .....is dumb .....i own a epi lp black beauty .....i dont have the money for a better one but ive been playing for about 9 this guy i know owns a vintage gibson les paul .....not to sound cocky and arrogant but im a hell of alot better then he is .....i get more respect because i play better not becuase of the guitar i have .....your comparing a epi and gibson imo the only difference is what type of pickups / wood you use thats like saying that handing a 3 year old a gibson will give him more respect then lets say ....jimmy page if he played epi's seriously the guitars are to close to judge i mean if you were to compare a squire and gibson THAT i can understand but these guitars are to close to judge on sound its more about skill
    sum41freak8733
    sorry i meant to say ive been playing for about 9 years not since i was nine i was a tad bit younger i think