Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Zzounds.com

It suits my music style great, because I play rock, classic rock, etc. this guitar is also great for blues. I'm using it with a Roland Micro Cube and a Boss distortion when I need it. It can be a noisy guitar if you run it through effects, but without them it's not very noisy. It has a very rich sound, great for bends and vibrato. The variety on this guitar is wide, you can go from blues to hard rock.

I play all kinds of rock, and this is a great match for me because this guitar can change tones from soft to heavy. I've been playing for about 4 years, and this is my only guitar, and I own a Roland Microcube. I wish I had asked about the stock pickups, I didn't like their tone. I love the tone of this guitar with my new pickups, and the stock ones werent horrible, but they just couldnt play the harder rock. I don't really hate anything about the guitar to be honest, and the best feature IMO is the tone knob, there's a huge variety of tones. I compared this guitar with other les pauls, but I found this to be the best value. I give this guitar overall a 9/10!

Yes this guitar could withstand Live playing! The hardware lasts a really long time(not sure about the p'ups because I changed them). The strap buttons are pretty good, the straps only came off like twice in 2 years. Yes you can definately depend on this guitar! Don't think that it's low quality because it says Epiphone, because this guitar is not low quality, probably the best classic rock guitar in it's price range. The finish on my guitar is great, it only chipped where I've accidentely hit it with a pick.

I got mine set up, because the action was a bit to high, and I didn't really like the pickups that much. The bridge was routed perfectly, I still have my factory bridge. There's not much to worry about with this guitar except for changing the p'ups (personal preference) and lowering the action.

It has 22 frets, with a Rosewood fretboard(about medium width).My guitar is a solid top, made of rosewood, like the fretboard. The finish on mine is cherry sunburst, but you could get in in nearly any color. It's a single cutaway. I'm pretty sure they all come with string through bridges, but you could get what you want. The p'ups are passive. You get a volume knob, tone knob, and the little switch that changes which pickup ur on. The pickup configuration is humbucker-humbucker, and they're Standard Epiphone pickups (I got mine changed to DiMarizzios). The tuners aren't locking I don't think, and I honestly don't know the brand. If you buy the full pack, you'll get everything you need, but I just bought the guitar.

acid eaters
    i own a cherry burst les paul standard and for the money it's worth it it's true that gibson's guitars are better but we're talking three times more in cash i say that epiphone makes a great guitar for the price and the pwn the strats.
    88Gnr88
    these guitars are great dont listen to the fags sayin they are nothin compared to gibson, just to let u guys know SLASH himself owns 2 which he received a week ago after releasing his SIGNATURE edition LP brand new runs for 600 - 700 dollars and let me tell you these guitars are AMAZING, if you dont believe me stop by Guitar Center they have some set up and test em yourself i tried one out of a Marshall amp and it was amazing i had to buy it i did and i never regret it using a Digitech GX FP im able to get some amazing sounds!