Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

This guitar suits my style perfectly which is just generally rock/metal but I play anything really. I use it with my bollocks Starfire amp, but I still gen a nice sound out of the guitar. This guitar has a great variety of styles but are only really within the rock genre but is not much of a problem for me.

This is a great match for the style of music I play and I have been playing for about 3 years (self taught), not much equipment I use cept cables, amp and a crappy pedal. If this guitar was stolen I wouldn't buy this same one again but I'd probably upgrade to a better model eg black beauty. In general I am very happy with this guitar and it's playability and recommend you buy one if you are looking for a good guitar for not too much money.

This guitar will and has withstood Live playing and I think it will last me for many years to come but the strap button aren't as solid as I'd like them to be and with all les pauls you need a strap with strap locks otherwise it will fall off. I wouldn't have this as my only guitar at a gig beacause of the unreliable strap buttons but don't let that put you off as I just think it is my guitar that has loose ones and not all are like that so you should check before buying.

Action was perfect when I bought it as well as the pickups depth. It had some flaws (minor scratches) but that what you get when you buy second hand. Strings were ok when I bought it but I replaced them anyway. I have had to fix the pickup selector more than once though as it has jammed and the finish has a few scratches.

I don't know where it was made or year but it has 21 jumbo frets with a solid laminated top, cutaway body, Tune-O-Matic bridge, ebony with white scrachplate, 2 volume 2 tone knobs, Epiphone pickups, grover machineheads (non locking) and passive pickups, Les Paul style body and has a three way pickup selector.