Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

The sound from this guitar is very good. The humbuckers give it a warm, crunchy tone that is really good for rock. I use the guitar to play rock, blues, and some metal, and it's great. I love the rich sound from the humbuckers, which for me is the highlight of the guitar.

I usually play rock and blues, and this guitar seems to match both very well in both sound and looks. I also play some metal riffs, which this guitar has no problem with. I love it. If it were stolen, I would buy another one in a heartbeat. My favorite feature is definitely the pickups because I haven't used humbuckers in the past and I was really surprised about their good sound quality. My favorite features are the Tune-O-Matic bridge and the pickups (and their independent tone adjusters). I was deciding between this guitar and an SG from Epiphone, but in the end it all came down to looks for me because both of them have similar features.

The guitar is very solid. I think it's very dependable. It's definitely durable and rock solid, but I have heard some complaints that the strap holder by the neck comes loose after a while, though I have not had this problem. The guitar will pretty muchtake anything you can throw at it, but I am gentle with it so I can't really say how durable the finish is.

The finish on this guitar is beautiful. The whole guitar is very good quality, so everything fits together smoothly and looks very nice. The action is great, you won't experience any fret buzz but it's no too tight. The Tune-O-Matic bridge is really great. When I got the guitar the inotation was a little off but that's an easy fix.

I love this guitar. It's no to expensive, and it has lots of features. It has a 22 fret mahogany neck, medium frets, a mahogany body, a beautiful flame top finish, a single cutaway body, a Tune-O-Matic bridge, Alnico dual humbuckers, a 3-way selector Switch that lets you select between the neck, neck&bridge, and bridge humbuckers, and independent tone and volume controls for each pickup. It has Grover tuners, which are great by the way.

Tsuchiya
    MikeG D: It's a pretty heavy guitar. I would say as heavy as picking up a few Strats at once heavy. It won't pull your arm off, and it's meant to be slightly lighter then a normal Gibson, but the weight is definitely the first thing you will really notice when you pick it up.
    KY_GuitarMan
    I've two of these. One with Pearly Gates pups and the other with EMG's. They're great guitars for the price. Any moron on here that says these aren't as good as Gibsons is just an idiot. No SH!T Sherlock! Guess what Genius? Not everyone has $2300 lying around to buy a Gibson. This is one hell of a guitar for the price. Much better than the cheap guitars we had available in the 70's and 80's.