Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Sam ash

I play every style of music except for country, and there's not one thing that I can't play on this guitar. It can hold a nice clean sound perfectly, and it plays sick distortion even better. The sustain on this guitar is awesome, it has such a great sound.

I paly everything and this guitar definetly holds up to my standards. I've been playing 2 and a half years, and I own a few other electrics but this is my best one by far. If it were stolen or lost, I would probably get a Fender Stratocaster, because that's the other gutiar I've been dying to get and the only reason I didn't get it is because I got the Les Paul. I compared this guitar to a real les paul when buying it, and the difference is almost minute. Yes, there is a slight difference in tone, and durability, but for the price you can't beat this guitar! It is hard getting use to the rosewood fretboard though. It's a little bit harder to maneuver. But better for practice in the long run.

this guitar will definetly withstand Live playing, although for how long I couldnt say. It's reliability is pretty good, but basically you get what you pay for. A Gibson les paul will hold it's value over time, but if you need a wicked sick guitar to jam on and play Live for a few years you can't go wrong with this beauty. The strap buttons are very solid. I definetly would use this guitar without a backup. The finish is probably in the middle, if you really take care of it, clean it often and make sure not to bang it on stuff, it will definetly last.

Of course every guitar needs to be set up right out of the factory, but this guitar was very close to what I wanted. The strings weren't that bad, changed them anyways, and the action was pretty close to perfect. the pickups were adjusted pretty good, except the back pickup is a lil high for my taste. All in all the gutiar holds up to it's value.

This guitar has really good features. 22 rosewood medium frets, very smooth. The body is mahogany and alder, and the neck is mahogany. Great sustain. Pretty heavy though. The finish is just absolute breathtaking, I have the cherry sunburst finish. Great tune o matic bridge, that makes changing strings a breeze. Has a 3-way pickup switch, and a tone and volume knob for each of the 2 humbucker pickups. Has great grover tuners that look good and hold tune the best. One thing that isnt so good is that is didn't come with anything except a jack for my amp.

ACDCfan1103
    I really love this guitar! When ever I go to Guitar Center, I always use it with a Line 6 Spider III 75w. You can play Classic Rock to Heavy Metal with this guitar. I am definitely going to buy this guitar when I get the money!
    Anzath
    the_tobzster wrote: Hey Guys!! Little help! Some people keep saying all this shit lik "It's not as good as people say" or "Stuff keeps falling of my guitar, etc" I'm a REALLY big fan of SLASH GnR and velvet Revolver so i probably guessing this guitars for me, right? What colour do you recommend? thnx dudes .
    I bought it a few days ago in ebony, its a really nice colour (its basically black lol)
    Tibboh
    I've been tinking about buying a Les Paul Standard for a while, but i have just one question... Is there the option to buy it without the pick guard?
    Shailesh54
    I just got a Standard. I've had a Zakk Wylde signature for a while. The Standard is fantastic. Pick ups need to be changed though as they don't seem to respond very well to changing the tone settings on the guitar. Also had to lower the action. But, the playabilty and the sustain is fantastic. Having said that, it's not a Gibson. I don't have a Gibson, but have played a few. I'm saving for one now. Tibboh, I just got a standard with no pick guard. Even if you can't find one without, I'm sure you can remove it.