Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

I play many styles, but I usually play metal and blues. Those are probably the best styles to play on this guitar, but it plays great on any other style. The sound is rich, and the sounds of playing a chord are stunning. I use a Fender G-DEC and it sounds great on just about any mode they have on there (even though some of the modes are rather pointless). Overall, the sound on this guitar will blow you away.

This guitar is amazing! I couldn't be any more happy with this guitar at my point of playing. This fits my style of music perfectly, and I'm sure I'll keep playing with a Les Paul in the future. This is my second guitar, my first being a crappy First Act, but everyone has to start somewhere. I'm so glad I got this guitar, and I have a bright future ahead upgrading it.

Being in high school, I'm sure this guitar will last me through high school, if not college, but that's probably because I will upgrade by that time. That doesn't mean this guitar will not last, I'm sure it will last a very long time. The strap buttons are pretty solid, and I would deffinatly use it at a gig of some sort without needing a backup. However, e string sometimes gets caught on the fret, but this only happens rarely, so buyers wouldn't need to worry about it.

Just about everything about this guitar is amazing. The pickups are great, and the wood is pretty durable. I've accidently dinged it a couple times, but it didn't even leave a mark. However, when I bought mine, there was a slight crack in the back of the neck, but it didn't affect my playing style one bit, and I got a discount for that matter. Another fault is that this guitar sometimes gets out of tune pretty easily, but it's not that big of a deal.

I've had this guitar for about four months now, and I couldn't be any happier to the point of time of where I've been playing. I've been playing for almost a year now, and I absolutely love this guitar. The mahogany neck is very smooth and I can easily move my fingers with no trouble at all. The sunburst finish is absolutely beautiful. In general, this guitar fails to disappoint looks and features wise.