Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Guitar Center-Santa Clara

This best suit's my Metal, Blues, Rock, Alternative, punk, and country styles.(I play with a spider 3). The spider 3 made by Line 6 works great with this. I used to use a small Behringer beginner kit amp. Then I went to Line 6. The sound is wonderful for it's price. It's a great guitar in a great price range. IT also puts up a good competition against the Gibson Les Paul's.

My type of music ranges anywhere. This guitar is good for ALL types of music. It is a good match. I've been playing for just over a year now. I also own a Line 6 Spider 3, A Behringer beginner guitar and amp, a Rogue acoustic guitar, a tuner, slider, capo, picks, Live wire, Amplitube 2 Live, and Live wire. If it were stolen or lost I would buy another one. Or I would get a Gibson.*$$* This product is fine the way it originally is. I love 2 things about this guitar. The looks of having a Les paul and the rich sound of the guitar. Just... perfect! Nothing is wrong with it. My favorite thing about it is the shape of it. I compared this to the Ephiphone SG and the Gibson Les Paul. I chose this one because it was cheaper and just about had the same quality as the Gibson. I wish it had a whammy. Hendrix!

This guitar is probably the most durable guitar out there. It's been hit against walls, once fell and there has been no dents and scratches. Perfect for Live stage play. The strap buttons are pretty solid. Mine old strap was worn and ripped. I got a new strap and put washers on them so they wont pop off NO matter WHAT! It is a very reliable guitar. I wouldn't need a backup guitar.

The guitar was set up OK. My guitar was wrecked in the making. It had been chipped so it was knocked off by $350.00. But, I've banged it around a few times really hard and it doesn't eave a mark. The bridge was properly routed, the pickups were a little damaged from the fall too. But, overall it had no flaws. Great work put into it.

This guitar I believer, was made in 2007. He was inspected in China and In the U.S. It says it was built in the U.S too. The guitar includes 22 Mahogany regular frets. This is a good sized guitar. (I have long arms). Very, Very good and strong finish. Mine is in a Vintage Sunburst. It is perfect with the Tune-O-Matic bridge. The controls on the guitar includes the 2 way toggle Switch. Switching from effects to clean.(AKA Rhythm, Treble) It didn't have a toggle cap, but I bought one for it. The knobs include Volume, Distrtion, Treble and reverb.