Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Guitar Center - Arlington

This is a very, very versatile guitar as far as sound goes. Pretty much any style you'd ever want to play, you can do it on this guitar. It has a very rich and full sound without getting into 'muddy water', it can be pretty crisp. I play out of a LINE6 spyder 330, which has a ton of sounds and effects built in. But for it not even being the iconic Gibson, this Epiphone is an exceptional guitar, and rather affordable.

I've been playing since late 2007, I play styles from deathcore, to really fast solo stuff, to church music, this guitar does it all. Stays in tune very well, I can be playing in Bb or Ab and swing it right back to Standard E, no problems. I was surprised with this guitar, quite a find. If it were lost or stolen, performance wise, I would definitely see if I could find another one of these, excellent guitar. It is a bit on the heavy side, and can wear out your shoulder when playing for extended periods of time. I love the versatility of this guitar, I love the sound of it. I tried a few Ibanez/Schecters, Lagunas. The closest thing I found (that I liked) was a Fender Telecaster... but it had a price tag well over 3x the amount of this guitar. The quality is simply astounding. Definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone who plays or wants to play guitar.

I play this guitar at least twice a week Live, and have been for the last year and a half. And move it around alot. This is a VERY durable guitar. Hardware is all solid. Very dependable in my experience, no need for a backup. Finish is strong, I've actually smashed my face on the thing a couple of times, and bled on it, no damage to the finish. I've put this thing through alot, still play it almost every day. This guitar is pretty cool, just sayin.

Pickups are pretty awesome, bridge was great. All the action was good. My only complaints when i got this thing were: - The G's (if playing Standard E) tuning knob was loose and easily came out of tune, but with a small philips-head screwdriver tightened it up, and it's fine. -The input/output port, was loose, and actually let the receiver fall into the body of the guitar. Easy fix. I just had to take the washer and four small screws out, and removed the cover. After removing the cover pulled the receiver up and tightened it up. I've had to retighten it four or five times since I bought it.

I bought my LPS new in the fall of 2007, actually my first electric guitar. Solid body, single cutaway, 22 fret (medium jumbo), mahogany fingerboard, and dual humbuckers with 3way tone settings. It has 4 knobs, 2 (volume, tone) for the 'treble' setting, and 2 for the 'rhythm' setting. Chrome hardware and tuning knobs.

Two-Ninety290
    I wouldent think so because the scale is 24.75 I THINK i could be wrong. but to have it so the strings are flopyer then a cardboard box with elastics(XD) you need a scale of atleast 25.25