Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: R and B Music

It suits almost any kind of music, from Rock to blues to Death metal. I mainly play Classic Rock but like to play a bit of Metallica and Megadeth and it does the job well. I use a line6 Spider IV30 which I purchased for 80 from R&B Music also. The amp has 4 preset tones, Clean, for which it gives a great sound like Dire Straits. Crunch, which is perfect for AC/DC kind of stuff. Metal which I use for Metallica or if I want to make noise and Insane which I do not recommend as it is too loud and sounds terrible.

I play a variety of different genres and it suits all of them well, some better than others. I have been playing for about 4 years, and had an Ibanez RG before this guitar and I must say this guitar is better by a long shot. The thing that stands out for me is the look of it, The shape is amazing and the gold top colour just makes it look great. I was going to get the Fender Strat but when the shop assistant let me try them both, the Les Paul felt more "comfortable" and I am glad I got it.

I have had the guitar for about 9 months and it is in almost perfect condition although I have played it almost every day I have had it. It seems like it will last a bit longer. I am about to get an ESP Ex guitar and I will use that for the metal songs and stuff and as a backup to the Les Paul.

The guitar is perfect aside from one minor thing. The screw that you attach the strap to kept coming out. I just superglued it to the inside and it seems fone now although I believe that that should of been sorted when I bought the guitar. Nothing has gone wrong with the guitar so far aside from that and I have had it for 9 months so I would like to think that it has been well made and set up.

The body is a Standard Les Paul shape which is amazing and has 22 frets. The neck is Ebony and has Mother Of Pearl Trapeze inlays. The body is a gold flame top. The brodge is just Standard with no support for a Whammy/Tremolo Bar.It has a rhythm/treble switch. The tuners are locking tuners and are made by Grover. It has 2 humbucker pickups with 2 volume knobs and 2 Tone knobs, 1 for each pickup. I got a TGI strap because the guitar is really heavy and the TGI strap is a nice thick strap to support the shoulders while playing.