Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

This guitar will probably meet the needs of just about any playing style or effect, but it really shines most on the distortion settings. It gets great clean sounds as well, but its not as bright as other guitars of this model type. The guitars distortion sounds very clear, even when striking chords, but definitly shines with riffs and solos. The clean setting might seem a little dry but will be able to get great tones with the right amp settings. I play mine through a Peavey Vypyr and it sounds great. With my previous guitar on the same amp I had this problem with palm mutes giving off this loud ringing sound but this guitar has no tone issues at all and immediatly eliminated the ringing.

Overall, I love this guitar and is easily one of the best deals put out by Epiphone, and for hundreds less than the Gibson model, there definitly isnt enough difference to shun the epiphones quality because, they are graet guitars. If I lose this guitar for any reason, I would definitly buy from Epiphone again.

This guitar does seem very well built and I can't find any major construction issues, but I do have one issue with I think my pick up cover is loosely attached, but other than that it should withstand gigs, travel, and some bumps and dents here and there. The finish does seem a little thin (not that I can tell that well though) but it should withstand a lot without chipping or wearing down.

This guitar was setup mostly fine, but sometimes playing without an amp can serve some noticable issues like the guitar having a strange chunky sound when playing lower strings. You definitly will not notice this through an amp, so it shouldn't be much of an issue. The finish on this guitar is beautiful. Mine is a Vintage sunburst and I just love it. The definitly didn't waste a second detailing this guitar.

I have used some pretty "crap" guitars in a bit lower price range than this but, this is probably the best guitar for the money you pay. It has a 22-fret neck with mother of pearl trapezoid inlays (like most Gibson LP's) with 2 great alnico classic humbucker pickups (Standard for a lot of other Epiphone guitars), Grover tuners that stay in tune very well, and a beautiful finish.

morsvolta
    I have a Gibson SG Faded, Fender Strat MIM ,and I bought this before I had the Gibson and its very disappointing, I had to do some wiring that came loose, and its very hard to keep in tune, and the pick-ups suck. I bought for 200 bucks on craigslist. Just save up a couple of more bucks and buy a GIBSON SG FADED they're about 500 used on Ebay with shipping and handling and save your self the headache.
    cptcippe
    I've received this guitar yesterday in it plays awesome! The chords sounds perfect and soloing is heaven! Very good sustain, warm and ballsy sound, very good for beginner AND advanced players! My friend came to my house and checked it out, he has a fender stratocaster, and wanted to trade! 11/10
    kian89
    tempuser3043
    kian89 wrote: if we get the same features as Gibson . why it is cheaper than Gibson Les paul ? i dont get it
    Apart from the fact that Epiphone guitars are made in Korea and Gibsons are made in the USA. The quality of wood is the biggest difference, the wood on a Gibson is far better. The craftmanship and electronics are probably more superior on a Gibson. Epiphone is good for its value 'cause in my opinion, the Gibson is overpriced. Nevertheless, a Gibson guitar would be higher quality.