Les Paul Standard review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 8.3 (1,334 votes)
Epiphone: Les Paul Standard

Price paid: C$ 510

Purchased from: long-mcquade

I play mostly rock and blues and this guitar is quite well suited for it. It does classic rock quite well and sounds good on my solo channel. The only thing it doesn't do is snappy clean blues but I have my Strat for that. It is very harmonic (think Rush's Red Barchetta) and does Van Halen style pinch harmonics great. It is whisper quiet and growls when I need it to. It is a little warm sometimes, but I just turn you the treble and I'm good. I use a Line 6 spider IV and it works like a charm.

I play rock and blues and the Les Paul does it great. It does Heavy metal well too but I don't do that. If I had the money I would buy a better amp cause this guitar is great. If it were stolen I'd have to go to the store and try out another million guitars to find one the same. Then I"d use it to bash the head in of the guy who stole it. They are that solid. I have a 2008 Strat and these guitars cover the entire tonal palete I need. I just wish the store gave more with it. Even new strings, I mean I just spent six hundred dollars. But overall, great guitar.

This guitar will withstand live playing for a local band and maybe small tours but not a big tour unless you take care of it. Haha like you'd take care of it on tour. The strap buttons are solid but I would have staplocks just in case. I would use it without a backup for sure, but since I am paranoid I always have one. The finish is rock solid whuch is good because faded Les Pauls look bad.

Since I got it from the store, the action was set up well. Only problem was that the fretboard was a little dry, but some lemon oil fixed that. Pickups were placed well and no flaws whatsoever. perfect ten.

This Les Paul is a 2009/10 model. I don't kow where it was made but it was made well. It has 22 frets, a slightly fat neck and medium frets. The action looks really high but when I go to play it it feels low. Go figure. It is a cherry sunburst but not a flame top. It is made of mahogany with a rosewood fretboard. Two Standard humbuckers, 2 volume and 2 tone controls and a pickup selector. To my dismay the only thing it came with was a free guitar checkup, which, in my opinon, is quite lame.